LOST SHEEP

by finnrot 2 Replies latest jw friends

• finnrot
    finnrot

I just got home fron visiting my relatives in Coarsgold. just outside od Yosemite. My uncle Kinder is an elder in the local congregation there and my aunt and he hold out hope that I will come back to the flock some day. Their son Sam is my younger cousin, he asked me what I'm up to and I told him about work and this great site that I've found, JWD.

I told him about the information that I've found and tried to share a little bit of information with him. Brother, he exploded and said that he can't stand people that talk bad about Witnesses. My mistake, and I feel bad.

Sam, along with ALL of my cousins have had major problems. In large part, due to being brought up Witnesses. I can totally relate, only I have always worked for a living and for the most part kept my nose clean. But, I know why he and all my other cousins rebelled when they got into their teens, I lived the nightmare, I can relate.

Right now, the only thing that will straighten out his life is a very rigid social structure, such as the Witnesses provide. It's strange in a way, sometimes the cause is the cure.

I respect all you good Ex-Witnesses out there,

-fin

Hello LDH, give me a call or e-mail

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Right now, the only thing that will straighten out his life is a very rigid social structure, such as the Witnesses provide. It's strange in a way, sometimes the cause is the cure.

Please don't beleive that, it's not even close to true. I think if you think about it for a bit, you'll agree. Besides, while the witnesses provide a certain structure, there ain't much social to it (especially for a misfit). Additionally, the witnesses don't provide any real help for people who have trouble 'staying in the lines', as it were, so while their structure is rigid, it is up to the individual to be strict with themselves. And that is a dangerous undertaking for unbalanced people.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

he exploded and said that he can't stand people that talk bad about Witnesses. My mistake, and I feel bad.

The Witnesses think it is ok to trash other religions but their own is off limits because they "have the truth." Talk about your basic hypocrisy, this takes the cake. On the other hand, your uncle may have "exploded" because hearing the real truth can hurt. Either way he knows something is dredfully wrong with the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit