This Can't be True??

by DJ 9 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Guys:

I need some info? In the Proclaimer book on page 219, does it say that the dubs call themselves the "visible Christ on earth" ??? I've heard some far fetched crapola from them but this one really blows me away! I need to know if it's a direct quote or not?? I wish that I never threw all of my books away, I just gpt so maaadddd! Please help? Thanks, dj

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Here is the answer, compliments of Dungbeetle:

How, then, were current appointments to service in the congregations to be made? The Watchtower analysis of theocratic organization showed from the Scriptures that Jehovah appointed Jesus Christ "head of the . . . congregation"; that when Christ as the Master returned, he would entrust his "faithful and discreet slave" with responsibility "over all his belongings"; that this faithful and discreet slave was made up of all those on earth whohad been anointed with holy spirit to be joint heirs with Christ and who were unitedly serving under his direction; and that Christ would use that slave class as his agency in providing needed oversight for the congregations. (Col. 1:18; Matt. 24:45-47; 28:18) It would be the duty of the slave class to apply prayerfully the instructions clearly stated in God's inspired Word, using it to determine who qualified for positions of service. Since the visible agency that would be used by Christ is the faithful and discreet slave (and the facts of modern-day history already considered show that this "slave" employs the Watch Tower Society as a legal instrument), The Watchtower explained that theocratic procedure would require that appointments of service be made through this agency. Even as the congregations in the first century recognized the governing body in Jerusalem, so today the congregations would not prosper spiritually without central supervision.

• LDH
    LDH

This quote is HUGE (Thanks again, Dung)

Even as the congregations in the first century recognized the governing body in Jerusalem, so today the congregations would not prosper spiritually without central supervision.

primarily because it shows that there is central organization. In the event of lawsuits, instead of Headquarters dumping it back on the local congregation, it could be argued that Central Supervision and Central Control are one and the same.

Lisa

• JeffT
    JeffT

This one is going to bite them twice. As LDH points out the wall between the society and the local congregations is going to disappear when this gets quoted in a courtroom.

Also any Christian who with even minimal knowledge of the Bible will know that this concept is completely alien to what the Bible says. It goes to show that the WTS has placed itself on Christ's throne.

Next time the dubs come to my door I'm going to tell them I don't take literature from blasphemers and see what happens.

• DJ
    DJ

Hey Thanks Dungbeetle.....much appreciated.

Cynthia...your are wonderful!

LDH......LOL, I wasn't thinking about that..Good Point!

Jeff T............I think that I know what a witness would say(or think, rather)....Persecution.

OK, so I'm glad about the point that it makes about central supervision but I was quoting a post to a thread back in April. A poster misquoted the exact words apparently. I hate that. It all means the same thing anyway, it's just not as blatant. Then again, the WT never really says exactly what they really mean anyway. The annointed do believe that they are the 'mediator'...so in their own goofy way they are saying that they are the visible Christ on earth. Not in those exact words, but it means the same thing. Sheeesh! It is creepy actually when you think about it. Jesus warned us that people would claim that they are the Christ and he told us not to listen to them.......oh boy. One more reason to believe in Christ, eh? The stuff he said comes true time and time again. Thanks guys! Love, dj

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Sorry Donna,

Here is the quote from the 1999 WT CD.

*** jv 219 15 Development of the Organization Structure ***

Since the visible agency that would be used by Christ is the faithful and discreet slave (and the facts of modern-day history already considered show that this "slave" employs the Watch Tower Society as a legal instrument), The Watchtower explained that theocratic procedure would require that appointments of service be made through this agency. Even as the congregations in the first century recognized the governing body in Jerusalem, so today the congregations would not prosper spiritually without central supervision.Acts 15:2-30; 16:4, 5.

To keep matters in proper perspective, however, it was pointed out that when The Watchtower referred to "The Society," this meant, not a mere legal instrumentality, but the body of anointed Christians that had formed that legal entity and used it. Thus the expression stood for the faithful and discreet slave with its Governing Body.

Even before the Watchtower articles entitled "Organization" were published in 1938, when the congregations in London, New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles had grown to the point that it was advisable to divide them into smaller groups, they had requested that the Society appoint all their servants. The June 15, 1938, issue of The Watchtower now invited all the other congregations to take similar action. To that end, the following resolution was suggested:

"We, the company of Gods people taken out for his name, and now at . . . . . . . . . . . . , recognize that Gods government is a pure theocracy and that Christ Jesus is at the temple and in full charge and control of the visible organization of Jehovah, as well as the invisible, and that THE SOCIETY is the visible representative of the Lord on earth, and we therefore request The Society to organize this company for service and to appoint the various servants thereof, so that all of us may work together in peace, righteousness, harmony and complete unity. We attach hereto a list of names of persons in this company that to us appear more fully mature and who therefore appear to be best suited to fill the respective positions designated for service."

Practically all the congregations of Jehovahs Witnesses readily agreed to this. Those few that held back soon ceased to have any share at all in proclaiming the Kingdom and thus ceased to be Jehovahs Witnesses.

• DJ
    DJ

"THE SOCIETY is the visible representative of the Lord on earth,"

Thankyou Willy!! No need to be sorry! This is most likey what the poster meant. Creepy, huh? They are putting themselves in the same role that they say Jesus had as the 'representative' Yikes....

love, dj

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

No wonder with an arrogant attitude like that, the GB feel they are above the law. Just look at the Pedophile issue for example.

Will

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Watchtower Society attacks the Pope's claim to being the vicar of Christ on earth, then turns right around and proclaims itself the visible representative of the Lord on earth. Figure that one out.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace... and may I respond to the LIE that is perpetuated in the "Society's" statement in this regard? Thank you!

First, I have been directed by my Lord to quote them, verbatim, so as to remove ANY doubt as to their position. Thus, according to Page 219 of the "Proclaimer's Book", the WTBTS makes reference to a Resolution "suggested" by June 15, 1938, Watchtower, that: "We, the company of God's people taken out for his name, and now at ______________________, recognize that God's government is a pure theocracy and that Christ Jesus is at the temple and in full charge and control of the VISIBLE organization of Jehovah, as well as the invisible, and that 'THE SOCIETY' is the visible representative of the Lord on earth..."

(Proclaimer's Book, page 219)

The PROBLEM with this statement is that TRUE christians were told to keep their eyes "on the things UNSEEN, rather than the things seen," and admonished regarding those who "have their minds on the things upon the earth." Why? Because... THE LAST VISIBLEREPRESENTATION OF THE LORD... OR OF GOD... WAS THE TEMPLE AT JERUSALEM!!... which was DESTROYED in 70 CE after having already been REPLACED in 30 CE by a temple "not made with hands", but consisting of LIVING "stones!" 1 Corinthians 3:16 Ephesians 3:19-21

Thus, there IS no 'visible' representative of God... or my Lord... on earth. The fact ANY who proved to be the 'faithful slave' was like my Lord, ALSO to be... DISCREET! For my Lord, although the only--begotten Son of God and thus, the RIGHTFUL heir, even when they WANTED to make him king... went off... and hid himself. For his kingdom... was NO PART of THIS world! Nor was his mind "on the things of the earth"... OR his treasures... "stored up"... here!

In contrast, the WTBTS not only teaches life everlasting here on earth... in the FLESH (which if of NO use at all!)... OUTSIDE of New Jerusalem (where the "DOGS" are!)... but "stores up treasures" here... in the form of vast real estate holdings... on a DAILY basis!

Revelation 21:15 John 6:63

Why is this? Because they ARE the "scribes and Pharisees"... the HYPOCRITES... of whose "leaven" we were TOLD to "beware".

May those that have ears to hear... HEAR what the Spirit says!

"Get OUT of her, my people... IF you do not wish to share in her sins, and IF you do not wish to receive part of her plagues!"

A true servant to the Household of God that is Israel, and ALL those that go with them, as well as a slave of Christ, to time indefinite,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit