dreams

by kaykay_mp 4 Replies latest social physical

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

i wonder if any of you guys are experts in interpreting dreams...

as far back as i can remember, my dreams were always dark; there was no light of any kind. i was always running away from something, but i could never run fast enough; i seemed to move in slow motion and others were always moving faster than me. and whenever i got the chance to fight someone else in my dreams, i would throw a punch and it always seemed like i was hitting a blob of jelly--in slow motion--and i never hit hard enough anyway. and in my teenage years, there was obviously sexual situations in my dreams. i would get together with this really hot guy and just as soon as we finish with the foreplay and go straight on to --you know--i would wake up. i would try to fall asleep again--so i could finish what i started--but i would dream about something completely different. it is so frustrating.

i did, however have two excellent dreams that i remember quite vividly:

when i was 15, i dreamed that i was out in a field with a bunch of pine trees behind me. i could hear crickets and feel the wind blow gently against me and i was looking up at the stars. it was a clear night. all of a sudden this spacecraft lands (it looked like anakin's in star wars episode II, but larger). this girl with reddish-violet hair walks out and takes me by the hand and we go for a ride. she was clearly humanoid but i could tell that she was not from this planet. i immediately felt a sense of calm when i entered her ship. for the first time my mind could focus (because i had add, but my family never had me treated for it). everything was so shiny and colorful. we talked, but it was telepathically; she told me "everything is going to be okay..." and i looked at her and i smiled. i then asked her, "who are you?"--and then i woke up. sucks, huh? and again, i went back to sleep and dreamed a different dream, and a pretty crappy one at that.

and when i was 5 months pregant with my second child (this year), i dreamed that i was standing on top of a building looking down on a busy city. it was very sunny and the sun was about to set; but it looked as though the sun was waiting for me, because the earth stopped moving. then i just said, **** ** and jumped off the building. before i knew it i was flying. i didnt want to attract any attention so i went to a rural area outside this city to sharpen my flying skills a bit. but the river there was dirty and i didnt seem to fly very well over it. my flying skills started to diminish, but i managed to fly back to the city, to what looked like a city square paved with cobblestones. i landed suddenly and tried to take off again, but to no avail. the last thing i remember in the dream was looking up at an iron statue of a middle-aged white man who was looking up at the sky.

obviously these dreams must mean something. let me know what you think.

kaykay_mp

Edited by - Englishman on 20 September 2002 11:23:8

• nilfun
    nilfun

Not an expert here, no ...but I did notice that in both dreams you are flying. I don't have an interpetation, but the dreams left me with questions. In your teen-aged dream, could the alien you were communicating with possibly have been an inner aspect of yourself? Maybe all the characters in your dreams are really you ? maybe in the second dream your flight to a rural area is you exploring/visiting a wild, untamed place in your heart? Then your return to "civilization" you see a statue (you?) that is forever trapped in an earthbound pose, never having had the chance to fly wild and free (?)

obviously these dreams must mean something.

That they have made such a deep impression on you shows that they do. Wish I knew what they meant, but I have always felt that the dreamer is often the best interpeter of their own dreams...

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

oh, my god. i never thought of it that way. i can't believe i couldn't be able to see it that way.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Sometimes I think dreams are the longings of my real self, something that that part of me uses as a reminder of the things I need to help me thrive during my waking hours. Sometimes they are simply a reflection of what's been going on in my life. Sometimes they are the source of artistic inspiration. They sometimes contain the answer to a problem I've been searching for the solution to. And sometimes they are just a bizzarre, meaningless jumble of nonsense (or are they?) But whatever they may be, I have always been facsinated by them. Do you write down your dreams? I have a big blank book that I use to write/draw my dreams, this is something I really enjoy doing...

• Mulan
    Mulan

I had a dream about a week ago, that troubled me. I dove into a lake from a raft, and couldn't pull out of the dive. I kept going down, down, down. The water got colder and I couldn't hold my breath anymore. I gulped water into my lungs and thought "now I will die, drowing." Then I woke up, gasping for air.

I think I was holding my breath, in my sleep.............sleep apnea? The diving just fit into what I was doing.

When I was pregnant with my daughter (Princess), I wanted a girl very badly, after two boys. I kept dreaming I gave birth to a chair or a lamp. In the dream, I would be crying because I had wanted a girl, and people would reason with me, saying "how do you think chairs and lamps get here? someone has to have them." Finally I dreamed I was watching my little red headed girl, with a head full of curls, playing. I did have my girl, but she didn't have red hair...........or curls. Could the little girl in my dream be her daughter, who DOES have a head full of red curls? Just a thought.

As to your flying dreams, have you read anything about astral projections, or astral flights. I used to have those dreams all the time when I was a child, and recently found out my brother did too. I would fly over the house and the city, and see things I had no way of knowing were really there, but they were. I talked to an Indian woman, who said it is very common in Native Americans, and others with psychic abilities, to do this. We are part Indian, so maybe............... I really believed I could fly at night, and did it nearly every night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit