Replicating the Kadesh incident in the 21st century.

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Watchtower Study Magazine of March 15th 2015
    Study Title: "Loyally Supporting Christ’s Brothers"Paragraph 17

"The growing number of prospective sheep count it a privilege to support Christ’s brothers not only in the preaching work but also in other practical ways. For example, they give financial contributions and help to build Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls, and branch facilities, and they loyally obey those appointed by “the faithful and discreet slave” to take the lead.​—Matt. 24:45-47; Heb. 13:17"

1. For a discussion regarding the misuse and overuse of "privelege" see...http://perimeno.ca/Are_We_Privileged.htm

2. Regarding the supercillious use of the term "prospective sheep", God's Word states...."I am the fine shepherd. I know my sheep and my sheep know me" - John 10:14 (RNWT)Thus Jesus sheep know that they are just that - sheep, and also know their Shepherd. This being diluted to "prospective" sheep is more of a statement on the part of the author (arrogance) than a statement about the actual sheep in discussion.

Similarly, John 10:27 states: "My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." Thus, Jesus at no time suggested that his sheep follow an intermediary such as the alleged "faithful and discreet slave" cited in the above magazine.

Whatever the case, Moses' failure to acknowledge and give credit to Almighty God whilst drawing the water from a rock in Kadesh was a signifcant but momentary lapse. However, this "faithful and discreet slave" entity cannot excuse themselves in that their lapse is enduring rather than momentary and which lapse they do not acknowledge nor seek to correct in any way.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Addendum as did not upload on first attempt:

If you are studying with Jehovah's Witnesses, note how little mention is made of the "faithful and discreet slave" in the text for study which precedes baptism (What Does the Bible Really Teach) compared with the study Watchtower magazine's preoccupation with their status. Remember too that whilst the public Watchtower has maintained its statement of purpose, a similar but more detailed statement of purpose was withdrawn without explanation in January 2013. So the study edition of the Watchtoweer no longer claims that it "promotes faith in Jesus Christ." and it no longer claims that it "adheres to the Bible as its authority." Reflect on that before you give any committments during a Bible study with JWs.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Their lapse is enduring rather than momentary and which lapse they do not acknowledge nor seek to correct in any way.

Yep, It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit