A Jdub father's love for his son

by William Penwell 7 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Ii just heard a story yesterday that will make you sick to your stomach and I can't believe that I once followed such destructive cult thinking. I over heard a dub father saying that he turned his son into the elders for smoking!!! His son is now being DF'd over his what his dad said. This dub father justifies his motives out of "love" for his son. He went on to say how they will be following the new guidelines on how to treat a DF relative that was brought out in the July KM. This was all over a minor offense like smoking!!! Jdub's don't even know what the word LOVE means. Its too bad if he only would have molested a Jdub child!!! Maybe the elders would have let him off with a slap on the wrist but we can't have them dubs smoking no.

Will

• Matty
  • plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

gee wiz will give the guy a break. after all didn't satan light the first cigg? So smoking is the same as giving in to satan.ya know.

• mamashel
    mamashel

Love to them stands for Love Only Valued Elders!!!!! That makes me sick too. And I know what the July KM said about DF'd persons. Poor boy, I hope he walks away from the org forever.

mamashel

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Sickening. People like that have never learned the true meaning of love, and what it stands for. It's sickening and sad at the same time, That father will probably never know what it means to love, and be loved. He will never feel that perfect connection with another human being.

• searcher
    searcher

Perhaps he has shown the boy love, by getting him DF'd and forcing him away from the company, he has given his son the chance to see the world from a new perspective.

It may just be that this sort of thing will free more people from the company than all the anti-JW books ever written.

We can only hope.

searcher.

• happy man
    happy man

Aug KM have no new things in this dfd isu all was a repeating from what was writing inn the 1981, and forward Wt.

Perhaps not so many new this things, but we have a talk from our CO who was given all over the word, fore 3 years ago, ther they say the only time you can meet dfd peopel is when you have funeral, or some ekonomik things as was wery important.

myself was figting to the bitter end widh my boy, and when he was dfd, i took him home, to let him live in the family, and I now sevral who have done this, only fore your knowledge.

He is now back as a jW after he hade try to come back 7 times, some record? Unbelevebel

• Dawn
    Dawn

so where's that scripture again that says you can't smoke??..........must be in the NWT 'cause I can't find it anywhere in MY bible.

Of course I think smoking is bad for your health and you shouldn't do it.....but Jesus said we're NOT condemned by what we take into our mouth.....it's what comes out of our mouth that condemns us, for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Over and over again he tried to get that through to people...it's the heart condition...LOVE is what counts. Not smoking, eating birthday cake, or any other stupid little rule like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit