Jesus Christ1

by laazlo 6 Replies latest jw friends

• laazlo
    laazlo

Unclebruce are you out there? I would like to ask you some questions...

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm Unc's alter ego! Can I help?

carmel

• laazlo
    laazlo

I recently went to a website www.carm.org and they posted the following information about the JW's teachings. Can you confirm?

1)There is one God in one person.
    2)There is no Trinity.
    3)The Holy Spirit is a force, not alive.
    4)Jesus was Michael the Archangel who became man.
    5)Jesus was only a perfect man, not God.
    6)Jesus was raised nothuman but spirit.
    7)Jesus returned to earth in 1914.
    8)Only JW church memebers will be saved.
    9)The soul ceases to exist after death.
    10)Only 144,000 JWs go to heaven.
    11)The Cross is a pagan symbol.

Are these true teachings and can you expand on them?

• logical
    logical

Briefly

True:
    1) - Only ONE God, Jehovah
    2) - See 1)
    3) Yep
    5) Jesus was a spirit being before he was sent to earth, then he was a normal man, but perfect, and he could have died just like anyone else had he chose to be bad and not do Jah's will. Jesus is NOT God Almighty
    9) Yep thats right
    11) It is for worship purposes, and stuff

False:
    7) NO!!! False Prophecy uttered by the WTS!
    8) NO!!!
    10) Long story...

Not sure
    4) Not really had chance to research this...
    6) Ditto

• laazlo
    laazlo

Can anybody out there give me some real answers to these questions?

Thanks anyway carmel

• larc
    larc

Laazio,

Logical gave you the answers, but, since you asked for more detail, I will provide it. Your first 6 questions can be explained in a general description. The JWs believe that Jesus was Jehovah's first creation, his "only begotten son". Through this son, all other things were created. The holy spirit is God's "active force" or energy, through which all things were created. God's son left his place in heaven and came to earth as a perfect man as a ransom sacrifice for man's sin. When Jesus died, he returned to heaven to sit at the right hand of God.

In 1914, Satan was caste down to the vicinity of the earth, and Jesus began his invisible rule.

When people die, their soul dies (Eccl. 9:5 & 10), but although they are "asleep in death", God can resurrect them. 144,000 are resurrected to live in heaven, and others will be resurrected to live on a Paradise earth after God destroys all wickedness.

They believe that Jesus was impaled on an upright stake, rather than a cross, and that the cross is a pagan symbol representing pagan sexual practices.

I have been inactive for 35 years, but this stuff never leaves you.

• kes152
    kes152

those "understandings" are correct of the JWs. Don't forget their 'blood' issue and Jesus is said to be 'mediator' of only 144,000 JWs.

All of which the spirit of my Lord inside me VEHEMENTLY disagrees. For he desires solely 'truth' and ANY deception utterly disgusts him.

Peace to you,
    Aaron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit