Anthony Morris III: "...we cannot control everything that an individual might say..."

by cappytan 36 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What was the context of TOMO's comment? Was it incoherent rambling from left field??

DD

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    If they think they can stop a tide of bad press reaching their shore by putting their apalling history of willful neglect in this issue through the WT spin cycle they are mistaken. It has already reached their shores and I can't see these waves stopping any time soon. So spin away GB.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...don't bring reproach..."

Even as a kid, that one had me scratching my head.

I had immediately grasped that if JWs didn't report it to the police, it created the potential for much worse "reproach" further down the line if/when the abuser was inevitably caught by the authorities, and that JWs would, in fact, likely be commended for reporting crimes that had been committed by one of their own.

My parents were loyal JWs, but my mom was a teacher with a ton of experience with kids, and she agreed with me.

When we both discussed the subject with my dad (who was an elder at the time), I mentioned that potential, and he looked at me as though he'd never even considered the possibility, before.

He had to concede the point, though.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    What was the context of TOMO's comment? Was it incoherent rambling from left field??
    DD

For context, see here: http://bit.ly/1NWmWIf

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thanks for the link! I wondered if Cedars was keeping track of all this.

Yep, TOMO is a real idiot. Their past is coming back to haunt them. You know, if it was me, I would own it! Espescially if I was Sanderson! He was still fiddling his wee-wee ( he still could be ) when the GB were laying the groundwork for all these Pedo-lawsuits.

Just apologize, accept responsibility, just lie and say that your predecessors didn't grasp the full understanding of the "superior authorities" and move on!

The sheeple are so dumb, they will never doubt it. Shit, they may increase donations without being friggin reminded every damn week!

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Data-dog, as real and practical as your solution sounds, it ignores the basic reason they won't do it: They need to maintain the fantasy that they are, and always have been, "the one True Religion."

We know they aren't, but they can't admit that, not even to themselves.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Oubliette...

Like I keep saying, they know it's wrong, but believe it's true...

...at the same time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit