Anthony Morris III: "...we cannot control everything that an individual might say..."

by cappytan 36 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cappytan
    cappytan

I noticed that Anthony Morris III just said on the broadcast: "While we cannot control everything that an individual might say, it is clear that over the decades protecting children from abuse is a top priority for this organization."

That, in my opinion, is a direct response to the Richard Ashe "spiritual protection not physical protection" deposition.

Here's a video putting the two statements side by side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgeVpuyN7GY

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread. Thanks for posting. This whole Anthony Morris rant about child abuse is total damage control based on what has come out in news media against the WT organization regarding child abuse allegations. The PBS Newshour and ABC News Nightline news presentations this spring did indeed do some incredible damage to the WT Society or Anthony Morris wouldn't be addressing the problem for 10 minutes in his presentation.

So by backpedaling now claiming that since 1982 they had a " landmark " Awake magazine on the subject ( describing it as " landmark " is a bit dramatic and overkill ) he claims WT leaders have always been making it a " top priority " to protect children- which is a lie . Behind the scenes WT Society has been HIDING child abuse and have disfellowshipped victims of child abuse for bringing accusations against molesters within congregations ! He doesn't mention THAT on the JW.org show- does he ? It's called " information control " to save the WT Society's ass is what that is called. Disgusting. Spread the REAL word to any and all you know ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Heaven
    Heaven

Well TOMO 3, words are just words. Saying it is a top priority and actually MAKING it a top priority are 2 very different things. Your organization's methods for protecting kids are 100% useless.

Zalkin is comin' for ya.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Can you say Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Anthony Morris "the great" cannot control his own mouth much less that of others.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

I'm sure most publishers will just nod their heads in aggreement.

Only the ones who've suffered and the enabler elders and CO's will know better.

• tidalblitz
    tidalblitz

I'm sure most publishers will just nod their heads in aggreement.

Only the ones who've suffered and the enabler elders and CO's will know better.

This right here is probably the saddest for me. People who watch the broadcast don't put brain cells on what's being said.

• Listener
    Listener
    During the same speech, he talks about a deceased brother and says he is sure that he is now in heaven as a king with Jesus. This guy will say anything.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cappytan, yeah, I thought that was a very odd remark too. No context but obviously deliberately inserted in response to something.

Great video clip putting ToMo's public propaganda up against Richard Ashe's private and under oath testimony.

NOTE: I think you should put in a text notice saying when and where Richard Ashe was making this comment as well as the other elder. A lot of people won't know the circumstances.

That comment just further proves that this whole video is designed to make it appear that they are proactive in dealing with the pedophile problem, but it's a miserable fail primarily for two reasons:

1. The fail to explicitly acknowledge the problem that exists WITHIN the organization, and that many pedophiles IN the organization have been men serving as ministerial servants and elders, some even continuing to serve for years after allegations of child abuse have been leveled at them.
    2. The have failed to change their policies to require mandated reporting by congregation elders.

-

ToMo is a hypocrite and a coward.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The fact that TOMO believes ( if he really does ) that their paltry Awake article was anything close to a "landmark", just shows how pathetic their policies must have been before the 80's!

What if I proudly told you that when I turned 35, I made a landmark decision not to poop my pants anymore? Yep! It's top priority and I'm doing pretty well....

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit