July Broadcast Denies That JW Children Die Rather Than Have Medical Care

by BluesBrother 40 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "Those US based TV stations are all owned by JW apostates anyways."

Hmph. If only.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    sparrowdown17 hours agoOh shucks, the GB do really say the darndest things!
    "It's up to parents to determine their children's medical care... " (canned laughter)

Actually, I would love to hear a video of his holiness pope tomo with canned laughter on it. It would be more realistic!

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

Just a bunch of misleading statements and outright lies.

Plus he's omitting the psychological effect that the JW doctrine about blood holds over believers. Sure, they can choose to give their kid blood or not, BUT that choice is dictated by blind adherence to what the WTS has told them they should do or out of fear of judicial action/disfellowshipping.

Using the line, "JWs do not refuse medical treatment," is a misnomer. We're talking directly in this case about a refusal of blood transfusion, not medical treatment as a whole. The point is, given the choice between 'Blood or Death' many JW R&F will feel compelled to, either by blind adherence of doctrine or through fear of consequence, choose death.

In this scenario, a parent let a child die specifically due to belief taught by the WTS, to say she was free to make the choice is to belie all that is involved in that choice.

Truly despicable what the GB is capable of getting away with just because the R&F wholly put their faith in their connection to "Holy Spirit."

This is where the quote from Steven Weinberg comes in and explains so efficiently,

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
  • misguided
    misguided

@morpheus

No watchtower representative physically stands by and prevents it.

Not true. When I had a postpartum hemorrhage after my 4th child was born, and members of the congregation found out about it, I had 2 elders taking turns, in what I am now convinced of, making sure I did not have a transfusion. At the time I was baffled, because I did not have any elder come to the hospital after my previous babies were born where there was no blood issue, but in retrospect I am convinced that is why they were there. Why else would they have been there? Same hospital, previous baby born just 14 months before?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Scully - "So there's the crux of it - ToMo3 feels he is under no 'obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it', and clearly 'people who are not entitled to [truthful information]' includes every single JW on the planet..."

I think you mean "...every single person on the planet..."

x

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Scully
    Scully

Hey there Vidiot,

We already know, via the Theocratic Warfareâ„¢ doctrine, that the WTS actively withholds facts from and misleads outsiders. What I was illustrating was that the WTS also deliberately lies to its own followers, and most of those followers believe that their beloved GB would never, ever lie to them.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Don't forget: They love you so much!!

DD

• Listener
    Listener

Without doubt we see a new breed of GB members these days. In the past they were very proud of their no blood policy.

• ron rawson
    ron rawson

Anyone familiar with this?? It seems to offer latitude is crisis situations....but this is also a Candian document, and I have never heard of it in the U.S.

http://ajwrb.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Letter-of-Understanding-JWs-blood-transfusion-2007.jpg

• ron rawson
    ron rawson

http://ajwrb.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Letter-of-Understanding-JWs-blood-transfusion-2007.jpg

Sorry, this may make that easier....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit