July Broadcast Denies That JW Children Die Rather Than Have Medical Care

by BluesBrother 40 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Anthony Morris 3rd delivered the broadcast this month and advised that lies are circulated that they let children die rather than have medical care . He says this is so inaccurate as to be a boldfaced lie ...... Further he says it is "up to the parents to determine what would be the best treatment for their children"

Now, does this mean that parents are really free to make a decision to accept blood for their minor child, if they so choose? That is what he seems to be saying but somehow I don't think that is what he meant...

Here is a link. The part I mean is about 22 minutes in .

http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODStudio/pub-jwb_201507_1_VIDEO

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

He's a liar. He uses political double-speak to create a strawman argument. He knows there are religions who refuse many medical treatments and he is using those instances to make J-dubs seem normal by comparison. Dubs will watch this and compare themselves with backwater zealots who try to pray disease away. They will actually believe they don't let their children die for refusing medical treatments. This is NOT the case.

FACT: Blood transfusions are forbidden for J-dubs.

FACT: Blood tranfusions are a form of "medical treatment."

FACT: J-dubs ( adults and minors ) often die for refusing the "medical treatment" know as a blood transfusion.

FACT: TOMO III is lying when he says that J-dubs don't die from refusing medical treatment.

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Not only do they die from refusing medical care, they've published magazines bragging about the number of children they've killed via the blood ban.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Im sorry but your both wrong. Witnesses are free to accept any medical treatment they want, including blood transfusions. No watchtower representative physically stands by and prevents it.

What i and I susspect you gentleman object to is the implication that they are free to take it without consequences. ole tight pants never mentiones that one way or another. Its a lie of omission that the rank and file will take and hold onto, repeat to others and defend all the while knowing the kernel of truth: your free to whatever you like, just not without consequences from the org.

• cofty
    cofty
    My contempt for that lying bastard just keeps growing.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

x

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• steve2
    steve2

Of course parents are free to decide on the best medical treatment for their Calebs and Sophies. And the organization is also free to take judicial action if the parents should violate the organization's interpretation on the Biblical texts on "abstaining from blood".

In many developed (ie "Western) countries, medical doctors are able to apply to the courts to overrule parents blood-refusals for their children. I think many JW parents are quietly relieved that the ultimate decision is taken out of their hands.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Ol ToMo3 he just keeps coming out with some real gems dosnt he.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No, I'm right. I never said that TOMO was lying because he said, " There are lies being circulated that we are not free to choose medical treatment that we feel is right for our children."

I said that he is a liar for saying," JWs don't die for refusing medical treatment." He is using "medical treatment" when he knows the actual subject is blood transfusions in whole, or its main components as defined by the WTBTS Septa-pope.

Dubs do not die for refusing medical treatments, except for blood transfusions, which are medical treatments. TOMO is playing word games. He is putting up a "false front" and using a "false stylus", making him a liar.

Also, yes I take issue with the fact that TOMO lies by omission when discussing the freedom to choose medical treatment. There are no consequence free choices when living the dub-life, he knows that.

DD

• Mephis
    Mephis

Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confound, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish and are generally perfectly capable of contriving to give one an utterly unambiguous impression of their future course of action while in fact intending to do exactly the opposite, but they never lie. Perish the thought. (Iain Banks)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit