The Last of the True JW's

by Victor_E 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Victor_E
    Victor_E

When enthusiasm is inspired by reason; controlled by caution; sound in theory; practical application; reflects confidence; spreads good cheer; raises morale; inspires associates; arouses loyalty; and laughs at adversity; it is beyond price.

Coleman Cox

As storm clouds continue to gather for the Watchtower with impending class action lawsuits, and all the fall out from negative publicity the true Jehovahs Witness is left to deal with painful choices. If the current tone of the Watchtowers consciousness is a preview of things to come then the true JW can only anticipate more tyranny and paranoia from heartless spies ready to betray their conscience and their friends in cold blood in order to follow Watchtower directives.

When I decided to baptize myself as a Jehovahs Witness in 1975 the congregation was full of genuine loving people, to me these were real Christians. It was not so much what they preached that drew me to them but their sincere care and love for one another. Back in those days we had elders that could think for themselves and have opinions without fear of being black balled. A spirit of openness existed that made you feel want to be a part of these people.

Twenty years later the spirit of the congregation and organization had changed radically. Many of those people I trusted and admired had moved on, were dead, or burned out. Some of these mentors in confidence would tell me of the frustration they experienced with petty bureaucrats in power who cared more for policies and procedures than following the spirit of Christianity.

The day is upon these real Christians when reality is staring them in the face and they can no longer deny the great injustices committed against victims of sexual abuse and victims of abuse of power. The organization is ripe for harvesting; it is very clear who is of the wheat class and the weeds by their actions.

The dilemma for true JWs is what they have to look forward too in their future. Many are facing retirement with limited savings due to following the societys instructions. Lacking insurance, one catastrophic health problem could easily drain their modest nest egg. Many of these no longer believe in the urgency of end time theology so they lack the zeal they once had to preach. Their college age children are now getting an education of the real truth about the truth via the Internet.

These true JWs have no place to go, no sister organization that they could go to in order to find other like minded Christians. They have been programmed with so many limiting beliefs that if they leave they fear all the things programmed into them, plus the loss of all family ties built inside the organization and if they stay they will continue to experience frustration, apathy, anger, fear, and the like at the hands of hard task masters.

• Krazylady
    Krazylady

Wow, makes you think doesn't it? How will my parents deal with the inevitable fall of their organization. They will have no place to go, and they will have to face the realization that they have been taken in by a collosial fraud. I feel sorry for them. There are things they could never tell me the truth about because they feared being disfellowshipped. I am starting to understand the predicament they are in. They were both born into the cult and have never in their lives known any other way of life. Both are now in their 70's. I hope I can be of some help for them in the turmoil to come.

Krazylady

• Valis
    Valis
    These true JWs have no place to go, no sister organization that they could go to in order to find other like minded Christians.

Like minded? I think that is the least thing they need. if they intend to still be Christians they have many options. Among them might be the Unitarians for example, which are in lots of ways the most open group of people that follow the bible, per se, than any I have ever met. The Episcopalians I've met aren't a bad bunch either, (The New Orleans & Baltimore flocks) except all those rituals might spook an EXJW..*LOL*..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit