Anthony Morris III goes on an eight minute rant over child abuse

by Richard_I 98 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    steve2 - Joe's opening line is fraught with poor logic. Who said the alternative to the two-witness rule is to act on every accusation? Talk about a false choice. And the phrase "I know people hate this rule" damns with faint praise.
    Let's get this straight: I hate the Two-Witness rule not because of the false choice outlined in that sentence but because it is an archaic leftover from the Mosaic Law Code that has been arbitrarily imposed on a modern-day setting all in the name of (the organization's) reputation.
    Objections to the two-witness rule have nothing to do with going to the police/not going to the police or the complexity of issues that surround Child Sexual Abuse.
    Arguments about how elusive evidence is in instances of child sexual abuse are an entirely separate issue.
    Parents and/or court-sanctioned caregivers need to be supported by their respective communities to act decisively for the child's safety - which is paramount; they do not to be confronted by the elders with the requirement that two witnesses are needed before anything will be done.
    Depending on the circumstances, the approrpiate action may involve different steps - but the parents and/or caregivers need to decide untrammeled by the powers that be in the local kingdom hall.

Joe didn't write that, I did. At least call out the correct person. I wrote other things too, but you probably didn't bother to read them either. Boy, you sure sussed out my hidden motives with my false logic and faint praises.

I agree that the powers that be in a KH shouldn't have any say on such a matter, and said as much. However, since it is being taken to them, there has to be some sort of corroboration in order to act with regard to disciplinary action within the confines of the congregation, which is what we happened to be talking about, even if you don't deem it reasonable. It is something that exists whether you like it or not, and as such I was merely discussing how to handle the situation within existing parameters. In large organizations like this things are often better handled in an either/or mindset, as allowing such untrained men to use judgement as to the circumstances is often disastrous.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think AM#3 opening his big mouth on the child molestation issue will bring more lawsuits because as people who have been molested and perhaps didn't sue the corporation will hear this lying son of a bitch praise his corporation on the way they are handling these matter and decide to get a lawyer and sue and what better lawyer can their be then those that already have shown themselves capable to meet the challenge.

I think business will be booming for these guys they will have to hire more people to handle the work load because a virtual gold mine has been found.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What Morris is trying to do is make it look like the WTS has never discouraged its members to bring matters of sexual abuse concerning children to legal authorities when they came about, when the organization has been doing exactly that and for a long time.

He also tried to make it look like child sexual abuse is just a recent moral decay in the last view decades.

Anther lie, he probably is aware that the JWs organization has documented cases that they have which date back to the 50's and 60's or even further.

JWs are under so much control by this religious institution that the first thing that comes to mind is call up an elder within a congregation and expect something will be done but alas the elders will investigate the accusation and if there's no admittance, they will just say we cant proceed with any action.

When a suggested motion to contact the local authorities on the matter, the intimidation of bringing reproach on Jehovah's organization gets handed down. Meaning in other words we have more concern about the organization's image at heart than the concern of the victim or concern of the accused perpetrator.

• whathappened
    whathappened
    I called Brooklyn tonight to voice my outrage and got a recording. Their number is 718-560-5000. I will call tomorrow and encourage everyone to do so also.
  • Illuminated
    Illuminated
    This guy Morris, is absolutely insincere. Vacant eyes attempting to follow along with the script in front of him, and rehearsed body language/hand gestures. He's a D list actor at it's finest. How can JW's not see through him?
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

What a bunch of BS! It makes me so angry that even when their backs are against the wall and they feel they have no choice but to speak about the elephant in the room they still don't do the right thing.

What they have personally done to my family by their stupid policies are inexcusable! The way they question young victims is inexcusable! The way they treat you after you go to authorities for justice is inexcusable!

Let's not mention that stupid cartoon where a huge monster is the bad guy...seriously people??? how about showing the real dangers, you know the brothers and sisters they spend most their lives with! I have no hope they will ever fix what's so obviously wrong within their org. Instead they will do as little as possible and call themselves on top of the issue💩💩💩

• steve2
    steve2

Apologies Dubstepped. My mistake in wrongly identifying who the poster was. No excuses: I should have thoroughly checked.

My response was to the wording of the first paragraph - the first sentence in particular - that I quoted in full. The wording can easily be misconstrued and I stand corrected for misconstruing it.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    We can't even hope for an apology for the victims that have suffered because of this self right bastard that thinks he's running God's earthly organization, the best that he can give out are a few pats on the back for his corporation. These guys are in big trouble with this big mouth on the internet he's like a bull in a china shop with his remarks it is gonna cost lots of buck$$$ every time he speaks his foolishness that only a brain dead JW could love.
  • kairos
    kairos

I listened to the introduction first.
    I detected the voice of someone that was forced to do this.

Total lack of interest and sincerity.

This guy is broken. Listen to him.
    Something BIG is coming. He sounds defeated.

Where is his jovial, arrogant, judgmental and insulting talk now?

Avalanche of lawsuits, i'm thinking.

And no money to pay the settlements. So sad...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Tune in everyone for the latest episode of GB Members say the darndest things.

That should be the title of all these broadcasts, complete with canned laughter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit