Anthony Morris III goes on an eight minute rant over child abuse

by Richard_I 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Splash
    Splash

They still haven't rescinded the two witness rule though.

They still threaten the victims with disfellowshipping if there's no other evidence.

They still make minors relive every excruciating and damaging detail before a bunch of untrained men, and often the abuser.

They still don't warn parents when a paedophile enters the congregation.

They still appoint known abusers to positions of trust.

They still force victims through the courts and try to discredit them or make them quit legal proceedings because of lack of funds or mental anguish.

They still buy off abuse victims rather than openly admit their wrongdoing.

They still do not have counselling services for those affected by abuse.

Until these things change, Tony Morris, you have not 'taken a decisive stand against such behaviour', you have merely given lip service to it.

THAT is despicable!

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Sir82

So for those who read body language & facial expressions - what is he really saying?

I am no expert, but I have always found the subject fascinating so I read up on the subject.

To be honest, I cannot see anything in any of the GB members. I would say that they are coached how not to give anything away, and if they do give anything away they no doubt do a retake.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All the JWS speakers are trained to incite emotions with strong gesturing and wording.

Lett is over the board in doing that.

Morris does this particularly when he starts talking about pedophilia and the way the organization handles these situations. To me I get he knows he's lying and putting forth self supporting half truths on the matter, he knows dam well that the organization has been trying to conceal these situations intensionally to protect the image of the organization , as pretentiously formulated as it may be.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    The child abuse comments start at 42 min. and that is where the lying and bullshitting starts.

I'm not going to watch the video, but I just can't fathom that they got 42 minutes in without lying or bullshitting.

They keep talking about child abuse, but every time they talk about it, I contend that they've only made the problem worse by creating a false sense of security. They claim that they do not have a pedophile problem and any reports otherwise are "apostate driven lies." Then They claim that they do everything they can to prevent it. Then they talk about how molesters are homosexuals or target kids online - making the average JW look outside the cult for any threats.

All this is only going to increase the blind spot that JWs have for the pedophiles among them and if there's any result out of this it's going to be that more kids get abused.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

he deplores all abuse except that which the WT extrudes.

Marina

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm not going to watch the video, but I just can't fathom that they got 42 minutes in without lying or bullshitting.

Good catch there OneEyedJoe

• freddo
    freddo

Well done Candace Conti and all the other brave souls who have had the guts to take on the WTB&TS! You are putting hooks in their jaws and dragging them to where they do not wish to go...

Bravo!

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

As many of the posters have covered the sexual abuse, I will not rehash that point.

I found this line in the text interesting:

As an organization, we view all such abuse of children, whether physical, sexual, or emotional as deplorable.

I think he or the WT might need to figure out what "Emotional Abuse " for example as recently as the February cartoon about paying attention during meetings. How about what age groups should be (the little ones) talking about Armageddon I am pretty sure that is pretty scary stuff for those little kids (OH, why don't you just take them to the next horror movie). I have not seen it but seen enough comments about a children's book that is totally inappropriate! Of course this horrid shunning thing they do to teenagers I sure would classify that under emotional abuse.

In summary that sentence alone was all cow manure!

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

In my professional career I dealt inter alia with (far too much) child abuse.

Of course the WT should encourage suspected abuse to be reported to the authorities. Further, elders or whoever should report it themselves.

But more than that, the elders or whoever should then step well away. There is significant potential for further damage to the victim by questioning etc. by unqualified people and, importantly, the prospects of a criminal conviction can be damaged by inappropriate interviewing of victims.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Frankly, I'm actually a little surprised the GB had the balls to address the subject at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit