Anthony Morris III goes on an eight minute rant over child abuse

by Richard_I 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

This is in the July 2015 monthly program on tv.jw.org Cedars wrote about it too.

Starting at around 42:30 in the video, Morris talks about the child abuse situation for almost 10 minutes. Link to video

I'm writing a transcript right now

"The Governing Body has also asked me address another topic that I must say hits me close to my heart, being a father who raised two boys. The subject is the abuse of children, and the damaging effects this can have on such innocent victims. As an organization, we view all such abuse of children, whether physical, sexual, or emotional as deplorable.

As you likely know, Jehovah's Witnesses take a stronger position than most on the scriptural inappropriateness of any form of immorality. However, to take advantage of innocent young ones is absolutely despicable. As a religious organization, we have taken a decisive stand against such behavior. It is our fervent desire to protect children from any kind of abuse. Our policy as an organization is that one professing to be a victim or his parents should never be discouraged from reporting the incident to the appropriate authorities. While child abuse as been perpetrated earth wide in many cultures for thousands of years, it is only in the past 40 years or so that the magnitude and extent of the problem has become better known. This is because governmental agencies are now determined to take a more active interest in these problems. Laws were enacted requiring medical and other professionals to report cases to authorities when they became aware of them. Prior to that time, many governmental, educational, and religious organizations were somewhat naive about the magnitude and the complexity of the situation. Others knew of the problem and covered it up. What is our position, then, as an organization?

When what was termed as the numerality (?) became popular over 50 years ago, which included sexual relations among young ones, we condemned such behavior based on the Bible's unerring and timeless principles. As the awareness of child abuse became more and more known, we published a landmark Awake! magazine over 30 years ago. IT was the issue of June 22, 1982. There are five article titles that nail the subject in a very straightforward manner. The first article was entitled "The Numerality". Then, "Chickens and Hawks" was the second article. It warned about homosexual men who prey on and advocate the right to use boys for sex.Shame on them. The next article, "", condemned prostitute rings that employed small girls in an array of abuse. Then "Rape at Home"... No further explanation needed on that. Then finally the article "To End Child Abuse". I remember this magazine well since I had two boys who were in elementary school at the time. And again remember that the world in general was somewhat naive about the magnitude of this issue and the gravity of the problem. I read the five articles, then I looked at my two boys, and I said a prayer to Jehovah, thanking him for moving the organization to be so proactive in trying to help parents to protect their young ones from the plague of the "nurmerality" and the abuse of children. This issue has been straighforwardely addressed in rpint many time since then.

I';d now like to you to view a PSA. What is a PSA? It stands for "public service announcement." It is a message of public interest which is aired by the media without charge. The objective is to raise awareness about changing public attitudes and behavior toward the social issues. Television stations are not obligated to play all such 30 to 60 second messages provided. However, if the topic and production values captures their attention, they can choose to air the PSA for the benefit of the viewing audience. In the late 1990's, the governing body approved four PSAs on the subject of family life. I'd like to show you one of these that was produced back in 2002. It was picked up and aired by some of the largest TV networks in the United States. Why? Because they realized this type of warning was important for their viewing audience to see. It is true, the type of computer equipment shown in the video dates it. However, the message is just a pertinent now as then, and maybe even more so. Please watch.

While we cannot control everything that an individual might say, it is clear that over the decades protecting children from abuse is a top priority for this organization. We are proud of our reputation in this regard and we look forward to the time in God's new world when no one, young or old, will ever again be a ictim of abuse. since the latter part of our discussion has addressed what Jehovah;s organization has done to proect children from predators, it gives me great pleasure to release at htis time another animated video in the series "Become Jehovah;s Friend." It is entitled "Protect Your Children."

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

And of course this is in no way related to the settlement with candice conti.....

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Oh boy...AMIII again! What a treat! The WORST speaker ever!

He also gives a talk at the RC about JW's not judging other. Narcissists NEVER think they have the problem. It's always the other guy with the problem.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

ToMo, Victims "should never be discouraged from reporting the incident [abuse] to the appropriate authorities."

Why aren't they ENCOURAGED to do so?

Oh, I know! Let's review: It's a cult!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Morris talks about the child abuse situation for almost 10 minutes.

10 Minutes?..

If there wasn`t a Rampant Problem with Sexual Child Abuse in the WBT$..

WBT$ GB "Rock Star" Pope Anthony Morris wouldn`t have to Address the Subject..

• sir82
    sir82

Haven't seen it yet.

So for those who read body language & facial expressions - what is he really saying?

What is the SPM (sneer per minute) count?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

"the governing body asked me..." I am sure its more like "The legal department begged me"

Also this old PSA, very interesting, very covert, I am sure this was a legal move from my own experience in business and legal, they didn't really promote it, but by releasing it they put something on record back then showing "proactivity" if you will. Very clever and will probably elude the skepticism of most R&F.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

What a bunch of bullshit propaganda. The so-called "New Morality" he talks about has nothing, repeat NOTHING, to do with pedophilia.

It's just another bullshit diversionary tactic by ToMo.

One word: SPIN!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

ToMo, Victims "should never be discouraged from reporting the incident [abuse] to the appropriate authorities."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH7j2TrjXUc&feature=player_detailpage

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Did anyone here ever see that old PSA from 2002?

I was serving as an elder at the time. I never saw it nor did I ever hear about it. That being said, it is really addressing pedophiles OUTSIDE of the congregation, not INSIDE.

ToMo is deflecting the real issue.

Also, that new PSA is good in that it encourages young ones how to react if someone does something inappropriate and makes them feel uncomfortable in any way, but it still fails to address the problem of pedophiles in the organization!

Hey Tony, howze about making a PSA that tells all of the R&F JWs and the elders to report any and all acts of child abuse to the police? I dare you to do the right thing? Can you?

I doubt it. Deep down, you're a hypocrite and a coward.

Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit