CAUSES and EFFECTS OF APOSTASY

by Deli King 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Deli King
    Deli King

ARE you profoundly shocked and unduly disturbed when you see or hear of a dub you know yielding to doubts, cooling off and perhaps even becoming rebellious to the point of deserting the Christian congregation and trying to draw others away with him?

According to WT jargon:

The word apostasy comes from a Greek term that means a standing away from, a falling away, defection, rebellion, abandonment.

CAUSES and EFFECTS of APOSTASY

If we analyze these warnings given by WTS, the following identifying features of typical apostates emerge:

CAUSES:

(1) Deviation from the truth

(2) Twisted, empty speech

(3) Efforts to subvert the faith of some and draw away disciples after themselves

(4) Hypocrisy (wolves in sheeps covering)

(5) Recognizable by their fruits; they advance to more and more ungodliness

(6) Destructive doubts

(7) Ingratitude and presumptuousness

EFFECTS:

(1) Loss of joy

(2) Hardened in your rebellious ways

(3) Despising theocratic order

(4) Falling into loose conduct & fornication

(5) Abandoning the straight path

(6) Staining the inner garment

Such telltale signs were meant to enable dubs to quickly identify apostates and to be on guard against them.

QUESTIONS:

1). Are you a typical or non-typical apostate? (If you consider your such)

2). Which of the following (if any) were causes for you?

3). Which of the following have had these effects on you?

4). Most importantly, HAVE YOU STAINED YOUR INNER GARMENT? HOW? (LOL!!!)

JUST WONDERING?

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

"4). Most importantly, HAVE YOU STAINED YOUR INNER GARMENT? HOW? (LOL!!!)

JUST WONDERING?"

So they will know we are apostates by our skid marks? LOL!

• outnfree
    outnfree

CAUSE: Finding out the GB is a lying, purposely deceitful and wicked group of men.

EFFECT: Liberation from false teachings & Saturday morning field service; ability to take joy in my children's pursuit of sports, music, other interests; a better understanding of what the Bible actually says and science actually teaches; and best of all

FREEDOM TO VISIT APOSTATE WEBSITES GUILT-FREE!!!!!

out

• Francois
    Francois

Lemme tell you about that "stained inner garment" thing. No one, and I mean NO ONE, could possibly squirm in thier hard, unformortable, KH seat for two hours without developing a wedgie. And with a wedgie comes a stained inner garment...and a stained outter one, too if you're not careful.

That's my end word on it.

francois

• Valis
    Valis

I would invite you all to go back and see this fine piece of work Englishman put together for us in regards the way the WTBTS bastardizes the word Apostate.

1). Are you a typical or non-typical apostate? (If you consider your such)

Probably at the far end of the Apostate scale. many of the Apostates I know could easily walk back in to a hall and give the appearance that they were good little dubbies. I have had the good fortune to be away long enough to develop my own distinct personality, lifestyle and look. This has never been an option that presented itself to many XJWs unfortunately...

2). Which of the following (if any) were causes for you?

the one you left out called common sense.

3). Which of the following have had these effects on you?

have run the gammut of all those feelings and attitudes for better or worse. As well, what they would refer to as typical Apostate leaning are what I refer to as living one's life to the fullest and knowing better as to letting a bunch of religious prudes dictate my life.

4). Most importantly, HAVE YOU STAINED YOUR INNER GARMENT? HOW? (LOL!!!)

...except I don't bother w/the inner garments lest it be cold, stainless steel jewely can get a bit chilly at times... eheheh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit