OZ Silentlambs

by jwsons 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jwsons
    jwsons

JanG just announced that The Current Affair program of TV Channel ; 9 will focus on JWs Child Abuse cases on September 22, 2002 at 6:30pm (OZ Melbourne and Sydney time).
    http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=311102&CategoryID=2967&startcat=1&ThreadID=261987"

Edited by - angharad on 16 September 2002 6:30:56

Edited by - angharad on 16 September 2002 6:32:30

Edited by - angharad on 16 September 2002 6:32:38

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi jwsons

Sorry to remove your post and for deleting the one yesterday (I couldn't email you at the time to say why)

The news is definitely exciting but we have been informed by people working closely with those involved that they do not want it publicising just yet (they are in daily contact with them).

Until we hear otherwise from them we'd rather be cautious incase we jeapordise things.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I hate this claok and dagger stuff!

• Prisca
    Prisca

It's all for a good cause, Steph! Remember, loose lips sink ships.

• ozziepost
  • jwsons
    jwsons

Thank you Ozzipost.

I don't know why someone tried to delete my post twice. It's exactly what you you announced there. Yes, Mike Munro (?) of Channel 9. I'm too far away to know more about your down under,but something like A Current Affair as I know from JanG.-->Here

jwsons

Edited by - jwsons on 16 September 2002 4:24:54

• Angharad
    Angharad

Jwsons - sorry your post was edited but the reason for it was, at the time you posted we had not heard that it was ok to announce yet (there have been quite a few posts edited about it over the last few months not just yours). The producers didnt want it made public until the last minute.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well at the rate the media is going with this, pretrty soon anytime a dub knocks on the door the householder is going to go "click" ..."child molesters"..

This is good.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The great thing about having Channel Nine handle this topic is that they have three major current affairs programs, so they can do a fair bit of feeding off each other.

Their three programs are Sunday, A Current Affair, and 60 Minutes.

anytime a dub knocks on the door the householder is going to go "click" ..."child molesters"..

Just remember to say "Silent Witnesses" ; that's the name in the land of Oz.

Cheers, Ozzie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day JWSons,

Just to clarify: where did any mention of Mike Munro and the "A Current Affair" program come from?

Speaking with the Channel Nine current affairs department today, they know nothing of it. Do you have a source?

The program we do know about is the "Sunday" program, next Sunday at 9 am AEST. See the banner ad at the top of each page on JWD.

Also see this link: http://sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/

You'll be able to get a transcript of the program on this site after the show airs.

BTW, in Oz Silentlambs are known as "Silent Witnesses".

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit