Another Victoria Royal Commission Gem

by Slidin Fast 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Here is the puzzled Mrs. Coote trying to get to the bottom of GB rules compared with the bible.

Mrs COOTE — I think that would be particularly helpful if you could do that. Obviously we would treat it with respect. For example, on page 3 in section 11 it states:

In addition, the elders should investigate every allegation of child sexual abuse. When elders learn of an accusation, in addition to this letter, they should carefully review the direction outlined in the Shepherding textbook, chapter 12, paragraphs 18–21. However, in evaluating the evidence for internal congregational purposes, they must bear in mind the Bible’s clear direction: ‘No single witness should rise up against a man respecting any error or any sin. ... At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good.’ (Deut. 19:15)

11 April 2013 Family and Community Development Committee 5

What I would like to know is that once somebody has read the Shepherding textbook, had a look at that and then gone to have a look at Deuteronomy and the scripture, what happens? Who has the upper hand here? The Bible or the Shepherding textbook?

Mr T. O’BRIEN — But I do not see the difference, sorry. The direction there in the scripture, that it must be two or three witnesses, is what the Shepherding book — —

Mrs COOTE — As I say, it is very hard for us. So the Shepherding textbook would have this sort of quote in it as well?

Mr T. O’BRIEN It is exactly what is in the Bible. Yes.

Wait for it, wait for it.........

Mrs COOTE Therefore why is it confidential?

Boom Boom!

• username
    username
    That must have had the watchtower rep craping in his theocratic baggy pants!!!
  • wifibandit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit