The Great Apocalypse (Sparlock Book One) hit #1 on Amazon UK (Metaphysical Category)

by DT 9 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT
    I realise that the Metaphysical category for free ebooks isn't a huge category, but, as a new author, I'm still excited about it.

It also hit #7 in the free Psychological Thriller category (Amazon UK) and it is appearing on other Amazon bestselling lists in the United States and other English speaking countries.

This book is partially a satire of Sparlock the Warrior Wizard. It is also a philosophical thriller that discusses religious oppression, heresy, apostasy, and the obsession with predicting the end of the world.

I tried to make it accessible to a general audience that isn't familiar with Sparlock or Jehovah's Witnesses. I think that is helping with the marketing.

You can still get the Kindle ebook for free until July 24th at the appropriate link for your country:

After July 24th, it will be available at a reduced price for a limited time before reverting to the full price.
  • DT
    DT
    I thought I would bump this thread to give people another chance to get the ebook for free. Amazon limits the number of free days I can have and this is the last day of the giveaway.
  • recovering
    recovering
    Thank you , I just downloaded it.
  • nibbled
    nibbled
    Doh. I'm only seeing free for "Kindle Unlimited". I'd love to read it, is there a link I'm missing on the page? I'm Amazon US. Thanks, and congrats on publishing a book! I'm thinking of doing something of a similar vein and am thrilled to see you ahead of the game! :)
  • DT
    DT

Thank you for your comments.

Nibbled, it's free even if you don't have Kindle Unlimited. First, I would check the right side of the page. If it doesn't give a price of $0.00 above the buy button, you could try clicking the link that says "$0.00 to buy" below the section that gives the Kindle unlimited price.

"I'm thinking of doing something of a similar vein and am thrilled to see you ahead of the game!"

I would love to hear your ideas, either here or through private message.

• nibbled
    nibbled

Silly me, buy it free. Duh. Thanks!

I'll definitely send you my thoughts! Thanks again DT.

• maksutov
    maksutov
    Thank you DT, I've downloaded it too. :)
  • Prefect
    Prefect

Thank you.

I also have just downloaded it.

• nibbled
    nibbled

DT, a few edits—

• Nicole in the room with Thomas and triptych. “He” instead of “her"
    • End of Chap 8 “Las Angeles”
    • End of chapter twenty a paragraph is missing close quote about Korah being destroyed
    • reference to Greek kosmos in italics and quotes for definition?
    • end c 24 closing paragraph “
    • missing period ch 34 “over a year"
    • month that never was — skipping the month for the 360 year to equate to 365.25 literal days —> leads to Israel 1948/1967 from proper 2520 calc??
    • ch 48 first word after title of book is still italicized

Great job. I have to admit I stopped reading just after the portals. I groaned, made it a few pages further, and will attempt to pick it up again.

• DT
    DT
    Thank you, nibbled, for catching those. It's amazing what slips through the editing and revision process. I will get those issues corrected soon in the ebook.

I'm nor sure I understand this point, "month that never was — skipping the month for the 360 year to equate to 365.25 literal days —> leads to Israel 1948/1967 from proper 2520 calc??"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit