The Letter I received: re child custody crisis

by Esmeralda 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hello all,

This is the letter I received concerning the custody issue. I have been given permission by the
    writer to post the contents here. I am doing this so that anyone who may have any ideas can
    pitch them in...This is really heartbreaking.

"I separated from my now ex in 1998.
    I obtained a protective order the same year.
    I have 3 children the court has given me temporary custody which is hotly contested by my ex. They are his last weapon on me.
    He is an active Jehovah's Witness. I have disassociated myself due to hypocracy I have witnessed.
    I was molested by my father who is also a member. No actions have ever been taken against either of them for domestic violence or molestation. The statute of limitations in ____ (the state she's in) has run out on my father.
    I have spoken out against church policy in Christianity Today to support Bill Bowen.

My ex has appealed the decision of the Court and says I am not religiously compatible with the girls.
    Through my ex my girls have access to my father the molester and I can do nothing. Thus, I am fighting through speaking out.
    My attorney quit the case as he is not equipped for appelate courts and I have no legal representation now.
    I expect to receive the appeal paperwork any day and have no idea where to go with this.

Can you help?

Do you have any ideas?

PLEASE RESPOND!!!"

I have already passed on all the links and info that was sent in response to my earlier thread. Thanks
    to everyone who helped. I appreciate any additional ideas you all may have to contribute.

Thanks, on behalf of the letter's author.

Es

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Esmeralda,

If this person needs help, then she can call the Watchtower Society.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

: If this person needs help, then she can call the Watchtower Society.

Oh, I think the Society has already done enough for her.

Thanks, Fred, for yet another sensitive, heartfelt reply.

~Es

• Seven
    Seven

Esmeralda, I wish there was something more I could contribute aside from a few more links. The children always lose. I sincerely hope she can present a convincing enough argument for the courts to rule in her favor and limit the children's contact with their cult family. Very sad.

* http://www.freelegalaid.com
    * http://www.childcustody.net/index.html

Seven

Has she contacted her state's ACLU office? Perhaps they could provide some advice considering the religious nature of the case.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Thanks, Seven, you're such a dear *hug*

I'll pass your post on to her. I have given her the URL of the board too and hope she comes here. She could
    really use some support right now!

Thanks again for your help

*hugs*
    Essie

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Dear Esmeralda,

You might want to check out Steve Hassan's homepage:
    http://www.freedomofmind.com

Once, there click discussion groups on left hand side of page, this will take you to YahooGroups, register to join Freedom of Mind group and post the letter and a request for help. I feel confident you will get some worthwhile assistance/advice from some members of this group.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Thanks Zazu, I'll pass that on to her too.

I really appreciate all the replies!!! :)

Essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit