Family Reuinion and Being Disfellowshipped (sorry...but it's long)

by babygirl30 36 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Write or talk to him if possible and tell him the witness he gave to your family and how it just underlined his other bad behaviors with a heavy black marker. Talk about making Jehovah or his organization look bad. On his own, he makes them looks bloody evil.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    What more can he do to you? You can state the truth without being a drama queen (you don't seem at all inclined that way from your writing here, btw). The simple truth is ugly enough, even if delivered by a loving person. The family thinks he's an asshat.
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

You are very courageous.

Maybe try to think of your parents as victims of this indoctrination. Maybe this would help not to be angry.

• sherah
    sherah

Excellent anti-witness Babygirl!

I like the idea of writing a letter to your parents. Perhaps the first letter should be an invitation to meet with them and talk it out. If that doesn't work, go with your original thoughts in a second letter. Have you been able to contact your sister since she is now out?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Good job on living your life despite the uncomfortable feeling that comes along with the situation.

Other posters are correct. This absurd behavior simply assures that each and every "worldly" family member will never, ever convert to JWism. Idoits. What a fine witness to Jah your father proves to be! Clap, clap, clap.

I wouldn't make it a mean letter. Simply say you hope he has seen how every family member finds his behavior childish, selfish, and repugnant. Ask if that is how disfellowshipping is supposed to work, making JWs look like idiots. My bet is that he will be the one to duck out of all future reunions because of how it makes him look.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

You did really good! I'm so happy your family supported you and made it clear your parents are in the wrong, because they are.

• PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    Thank you for sharing your story. I want to tell mine but don't want to be identified by telling it.
  • steve2
    steve2

Well done babygirl30! Of course there's a fine line between being respectful of your parents' beliefs and not disappearing needlessly when the extended family has get togethers. I am impressed with your thoughtfulness but also you desire to be present at an occasion in which your extended family welcomes you.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The family reunion ended when my none JW family found out that I was being

shunned . They kept asking why James(me) never show up for family gathering.

Like you I said I'm not staying away from family gathering. So what happen,

the none JW family members said, if James is not invited we will not attend.

This have been going on for over 20 years. They have their family reunion and we

have ours, which is much larger. Thank God all my family didn't become JW's..

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

By their fruits you will know them....

your non jw family just had a first hand look at 'the most loving organization on earth'

well done staying calm and controlled, showed them it's not you causing the rift.

i was told recently by a c.o. That it is a personal choice how much contact parents have with their df'd kids, but in reality the wt uses heavy guilt tactics by stating that 'your loyalty to Jehovah is at stake' you only have to see the shunning interview above to know the reality that it certainly isn't being presented as 'personal choice'. Also on jwfacts there is a reinstatement interview where the girls repentance is questioned because she (a single mother) has been accepting help from her jw parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit