Brief Thoughts on 9-11

by Oroborus21 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Howdy,

At this time as you know there has been much on Television and in the media about the terrorist attacks and the tragedy. There has also been much coverage of the good things that people did. There has been story upon story of persons who have done everything imaginable from the smallest child to the oldest widow to help those that were directly affected or who have lost loved ones.

When I have been watching these stories especially and I see such good in people I have felt like I have gotten a glimpse of how God truly sees the good in them.

I have never fully bought in to the JW idea that the whole world is essentially wicked and that those with "good" in them have this opportunity to turn to God. But stories like what we have been seeing of valour and generousity and ultimate kindness is proof that most people are essentially good people.

It is just as the scripture says (paraphrasing): that God is delaying not the destruction of the world but that all may obtain to the salvation that is in Christ Jesus.

The positive demonstrations of our humanity that the 9-11 tragedy has brought out give me much hope that many indeed will be saved.

--Eduardo

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Eduardo,

I agree with what you said. It made me see people differently too. Helpless, afraid, lonely. The people who suffered that day were just like us. I was moved by the love shown as well. It was such a different scenario than the WT paints of humanity. The other night on Larry King Live on CNN, I heard a song by a singer named Alan Jackson.......this song said it all. Even my husband was impressed. This song is powerful with down to earth soul, capturing the very essence of that day. I am not a fan of country music by a long shot, But this man did an amazing job. Please, listen to it somehow....you'll be glad you did. dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit