Dinasours & the Bible

by patio34 5 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Hello,
    What has precipitated my pulling back from the org is the understanding of dinasours. Now Gen. 1:30 says all vegetation was given to man and beast. Isa. 66 (?) says the wolf will lie down with the lamb. Apparently the jw teaching (and the Bible's indirectly) is that violence in nature was introduced by Adam's sin.

So where do the meat-eating dinasours fit in this theory? (And the attendant violence.) There seems to be a consensus among scientists and the Awake (in ca. 1987) that they predated humans (ie Adam) so why were they so violent and carnivorous?

If there is a creator, they had to be created that way, with that vicious instinct--to eat each other and the violence in nature is merely an extension of that--not Adam's sin.

To me, it seems to be a fatal flaw in the whole premise of the Bible or the org.

Any comments?
    Patio

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ah Patio!

Dont you realise that the Tyranasaurus Rex only had those big teeth to dig up turnips and mangel worzels?

Same with the lion, who cant resist munching on a bale of straw.

And as for the D`ythinkhesaurus, well....

Englishman.

• unanswered
    unanswered

was that an intelligent question-APOSTATE, APOSTATE, APOSTATE!!!:)

once you start using your brain, the jws stop listening, even when your questions/arguments are well developed, as we all know. the way they patch up holes in their theorys is like fixing a leak in a dam with scotch tape.

• conflicted
    conflicted

This was similar to a question I posed to the elder who conducted our weekly Bible study.

Me: "When the new system comes and the animals 'lie down together', what will the meat eating animals eat - I understand that their metabolisms REQUIRE meat in their diets to survive?"

Elder:"God will take care of it."

I think "God will take care of it" is a cop out answer - what they are really saying is eirther "I dont know" or "Dont question the societies teachings". Either way, there are too many "God will take care of it"s in their doctrine for me to swallow.

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hello,

Did you know that the WTS speculated, quoting "some" astronomers, that the Dinosaurs were moved to Venus?

Check this out: http://www.premier1.net/~raines/dinosaurs.html

Here is quote from the article:
    .......in The Golden Age of April 1, 1931 on page 428. [6] In describing the planets of the Solar System they mention Venus by saying:

" It will be very apparent to readers of Judge Rutherford's book Creation that the
    present condition of Venus is about what the earth was prior to the Flood, and it is
    significant that some astronomers have advanced the idea that animals like the
    dinosaurs that once roamed this planet are now finding Venus a happy place in which
    to live."

Ciao
    Gianluca

• Simon
    Simon

I dont think there is an answer to it. Dinosaurs ate each other just like animals do today.
    They use things such as an Eagles great eyesight and ability to hunt as 'evidence of creation by design' and then try to deny that they were meant to be like that! They must have evolved then...
    Why do lions have claws and teeth? Why do cheetahs have to run 60mph? Why do snakes have venom? Is it OK for spiders to eat insects? How big does a creature have to be before it shouldn't be eaten?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit