Did you Stifle Jesus??

by AuntieJane 6 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Just watching old Archie Bunker show and the thought occurs to me, something I've wondered about before.

How do JW's --who were brought up in other religions first--learn to accept the doctrine that lowers Jesus to less than God? Did you stifle Jesus ? It would seem a difficult transition to make, at least from the "outside".

I know several here are now non-believers, and that's OK. But I would like to hear more answers from those who still believe.

• D8TA
    D8TA

Errr....is this question posed to dingbats and meatheads? ( rim shots )

D8TA

• Undecided
    Undecided

He said he always spoke in parables so I coulden't make any sense of what he said, so I guess he stiffled himself as far as I can see.

Ken P.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think jesus just kinda wilted. Not so much from a lack of water, but, because there were a zillion christians all bickering about what he meant, who are really christains, what was his kingdom, when/how he came/comes, when/if there is a rapture, who goes to heaven/hell/nonexistence, what he did when he was younger, if he really died on the cross/stake, if he got married and had kids, does jesus judge or not judge, did he remove the laws of the ot, if jesus should be seen w literal eyes or through eyes of faith, and on and on. Anyway, the continuous buzz of all these conflicting thoughts interfering w each other caused a meltdown in jesus, and he just wilted. Maybe somebody will call 911 for him. Oxygen might bring him around.

SS

• heathen
    heathen

In all fairness ,when you read the bible you find that there is no trinity and that Jesus was clearly the only begotten son of God.I think the problem is reverse what you are stating because the God of the old testament did not go by the name jesus either and is stifled through out christiandom.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane
    Errr....is this question posed to dingbats and meatheads? ( rim shots )
    Yeah, I guess it was, since those are the ones who replied! Would like to have heard from others on this one, but...oh well, I guess the breasts and the penis attachment posts beat this out this time 8+(
  • LDH
    LDH

No, I didn't. If you could guarantee that I wouldn't do prison time, however, I'd stifle Ted Jaracz and company.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit