OMG They are right here in River City!

by myway2007 11 Replies latest jw friends

• myway2007
    myway2007

Jacksonville, FL - the local newspaper had an article on the convention going on for the next two weekends. While I could not find the article, I was able to find this slide show of this weekend's events. The newspaper article was interesting as it discussed what a wonderful job they were doing cleaning the arena seats and bathrooms and everyone was enjoying their job. The article ended with can't you just feel all the love! You never see churches all coming together like this! It cemented the fact of just how disconnected they are to reality. My church comes together with other churches regularly and has numerous outreach programs, but they would never know this being so separate from this world. Enjoy the show

http://jacksonville.com/slideshow/2014-07-06/district-convention-jehovah-s-witnesses#slide-1

• oppostate
    oppostate

@myway2007

Indeed, and the "Society" is assigning retiring CO's to the area as well. Apparently there's a need and it's considered fertile ground for expansion.

Ex-CO Tom Chin (forced to retire due to turning 70, although he looks 50) and last assigned around here (Mass.) will be heading down in August, and spending special pioneer hours in service down in Jacksonville area (poor guy, imagine the heat and humidity).

In the Spanish congregation they are bemoaning the fact that a lot of second and third generation Latinos are more at ease speaking English than Spanish and attending English language meetings.

So if we put the two together the only real increase worth noticing can be found among communities with a heavy Latino presence.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

With her bible open a Jehovah's Witness listens to the message of Brother Leon Weaver being delivered from the regional convention in Atlanta.

Purchase this photo

$7.64.......4x6...........$10.94.....5x7........$32.99....$16x20

A picture of..

The Back of a JWs Head,at an WBT$ Assembly for only $32.99??!!

I`ll take 2!!!..

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

Yeah, they're just so special and unique, the JWs. They're the only ones coming together and co-operating and working together nicely. None of those nasty worldly people are as wonderful as they are ... blah blah blah. I used to believe that too. Til I got out into the real world, that is. Yeah, they do those conventions well, and organize and clean and all that but they're not the only ones.

Photo #9 is good for a laugh. I zoomed in and see that hardly anyone looks too alert and perky. Or even awake. The sister in white, near the bottom of the photo, just to the left of centre, has her eyes closed. Young brother three seats along her row looks to be nodding off. Two brothers and sister in the row behind the sister in white look like they're in the land of nod too. Sister in grey to the right, near bottom, dead asleep. Bored out of their minds.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006
    #'s 5-7 have surely captured the "Big Brother" aspect of the borg!
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    oppostate: Indeed, and the "Society" is assigning retiring CO's to the area as well. Apparently there's a need and it's considered fertile ground for expansion.

Either that, or the bloodless hospital in Jacksonville needs some patients.

http://www.baptistjax.com/about-us/newsroom/news-releases/bloodless-medicine-and-surgery-program-comes-to-baptist-medical-center-beaches

Maybe they can use the convention as an opportunity to pass out brochures:

http://cdn.baptistjax.com/images/bloodless-medicine-brochure.pdf

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

MyWay2007: The newspaper article was interesting as it discussed what a wonderful job they were doing cleaning the arena seats and bathrooms and everyone was enjoying their job.

Jehovah, the god of the happy janitors.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Hey! I'd hire a crew for janitorial services. An all lady crew ( I've never seen a male do any cleaning up.)
  • LisaRose
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Numbers 4 - 8 - 12 - 16- were blank screens ? Anybody else have this problem ?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit