They dared !

by coalize 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The1975Blues
    The1975Blues
    I don't get this, who thought of co-mingling common sense with insanity on this doctrine? Using their logic we can now expand "the generation" to the year 2525 or 3535, right?
  • Splash
    Splash
    Village Idiot The thing I don't understand about the "overlapping generation" teaching is why there can't be more than just two "generations".

Actually, by their own specific definition, there could be three overlapping generations.

The first group saw 1914, but those who overlap constitute the other group.

The WT do not define that the overlap is later than the 1914 generation, since there was also a generation who overlapped before 1914 and include CTR, George Storrs and Henry Grew.

For legalistic wordsmiths like the WT, I would expect better.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I wonder if in fifty years they will have more "New light" that there are actually now three groups. The people, who knew the people that knew the people who were around in 1914.

generation
    [ ˌjenəˈrāSHən ]
    NOUN
    1. all of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively:
    "one of his generation's finest songwriters"
  • coalize
    coalize

Yep!

The definition they give fot the word "generation" is so "capillotractée" like we say in false french, that I don't understand how normal people (brainwashed or not) can accept it!

You see the trick from far!

• steve2
    steve2

Faye, in answer to your question, I can only add that the Second Adventists (7th-Day Adventists were a breakaway group that postdated the disappointment of 1844) simply "spiritualized" the fulfillment of whst was supposed to happen in 1844, providing a model that Chuck Russell - but more specifically his successor, Rutherford - utilized to the max.

When prophecy's fulfillment is "adjusted" from an earthly to a spiritualized account (e.g., Satan being ousted from heaven in 1914), you have a impeccably unassailable explanation.

Of course, people with active brain cells are gob-smacked by the audacity, but folks whose need to be consoled is greater than their need to scrutinize the rosewater are reassured and plod on.

As I said, it's all so much huffery and puffery...

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Oh interesting,

Thank you coalize, VI and steve2!

i guess history repeats itself ;).

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Surely? Surely there must be tons of jw's out there who are mentally shaking their heads at this?

Surely the penny must drop in their minds soon?

Surely!??

• The1975Blues
    The1975Blues
    coalize10 hours agoCoalize, another one is that the Faithful & Discreet Slave is no longer all of the faithful anointed but the Governing Body only

LOL!

That's why we see their pictures everywhere now. I don't remember to have seen such a smugness picture before, when I was active. I didn't know who they were at all..."

I was talking with my elderly JW dad about the Governing Body being so camera friendly as opposed to the days of Freddy Franz who did not enjoy the spotlight. How many of you knew the names of all the Governing Body members(Not counting Bethelite or Groupie JWs, just regular witnesses) back in 1975-2000 before Brother Barr dropped his dump on us all? I don't remember seeing so much Governing Body footage, why is there such a push to be like all the 1980s TV Televangelist? The Witnesses think their ahead of Christendom, they about 30 years behind because Jim and Tammy Faye were collecting more money in those years than the entire Watchtower Corporation pulled in! Jim and Tammy Fayed could teach the Governing Body how to act so the Watchtower Leaders can Crocodile Tears their Bank Accounts up!

I tried to "strike out" Tammy Faker only to fail is there any reason why my tools don't work? Thanks for the advice!

• The1975Blues
    The1975Blues

When do you plan on helping me with battered children or cooking meals for the homeless? I would love to have you join us on Friday as we shop at the Food Bank and get all the goods ready to feed them. After that you might enjoy helping us at the Women's Shelter or if that troubles you there are programs for kids needing support because their parents beat the hell out of them.

Which values were you talking about, the one's that tell you to "live like there's nobody else but Jehovah's Witnesses on planet Earth(those don't help witnesses because JWs don't even donate enough cash to keep their congregations going as reported by the Governing Body now!)" or "Shun or Mark anyone you think has committed a sin against the rules and regulations, non-biblical rules you adhere to? Next, don't help the poor because "Jesus said you will always have the poor but you won't have Christ's Brothers to serve, stay on target and don't get distracted with the World and all its problems, your job is to hand out LifeSaving Tracts" that distort the Bible and give glory to mankind while systematically siphoning out anything good to say about my lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

• coalize
    coalize

Thank you coalize

You're welcome Faye!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit