They dared !

by coalize 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• coalize
    coalize
    Coalize, I have not yet downloaded the magazine, but is that the actual pic from magazine?

yep. page 3 :)

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Coalize, ty for posting that.... They keep getting weirder and weirder!!! Buncha arrogant fools with too much power and idiot religious control -- sickening!! I abhor and detest them now! They are the unclean thing that are shiny and clean from a distance, but look closer, they are rotten and dark, closed off and frightening & full of injurious things...

Like the one who isolates himself only to seek his own selfish longing.... Their own words and favourite bible quotes and denunciations come falling upon their own darkened, hateful heads! And lest I gloat over-much, I will now back away and return to my own muck and problems of life.... )

(And my previous post.... Heh heh heh

I said that last part very cleverly, didn't I....

- heard that phrase from our grown-up son! lol

and apologies, is a very crude expression, but does seem apt applied to these guys and their circle & circus of lies.....!)

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

and whatever happened to to ".... as we look with bright, shining, beaming faces... toward our God..." (Bible verse, something)...

But if they did that, pictured themselves all bright, shining, beaming, perhaps alluding to their future heavenly destiny -- then they'd really look like Gods! - because it would like they are elevating themselves too much!!! ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it does put them in a nice Catch-22 situations doesn't it!

the gods who walk among us.... Yet people will believe this because they and the elders are the stars in Jesus' right hand.... The glorious ones....

Yet who appear together in shadowy light, who have darkened faces (perhaps showing that they are ever changeable/replaceable... as is any bOrg who is part of this billionaire real-estate and publishing collective....)

• brandnew
    brandnew
    The gb turn into the fds ...only when UNITED....kinda like VOLTRON....member???? You member ! !
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

The thing I don't understand about the "overlapping generation" teaching is why there can't be more than just two "generations". Why not "overlap" indefinitely? Just say that it's all of the anointed that will not pass away before the "Great Tribulation"..

• steve2
    steve2

For any new poster, we must at times come across as mean-spirited juveniles with the way we call the GB to account. I like the relatively gentle responses to Youserious's post. Initial stages of questioning are fraught with mixed feelings and not a little outrage towards those - us - who speak so bluntly and negatively about the organization.

Youserious will either stick around or drop out of view or go running back to the soothing sentiments of the newer air-brushe d GB leadership. So be it. The world keeps turning and it's all so much huffery and puffery at the end of the day. Chill pills are in short supply.

Back to topic: Any one who can accept the 2 groups explanation of the anointed has made a jump in thinking that will ensure in some shape or form, the organization will survive just as Adventists survived the disappointment of 1844 and the Mormons the bizarre re-writing of American history, to name two examples of surviving agsinst all rational odds.

These groups' stupendous survivability against reasoning and evidence proves that, when it comes to religious groups, the modern day variant of water-into-wine is manifested as turning sh*t into rosewater. Those who leave - us - unfortunately kept getting the lingering odor of sh*t and found the substituted rosewater unimpressive, inadequate and, well, a pile of steaming sh*t. If all people smell is the rosewater, they need to make haste and hunker down in their local kingdom halls.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Does anyone know if Adventists acknowledge their past mistakes, or do they try to deny them? do they admit outright that 1844 was false prophecy? Or do they say like the witnesses 'SOME presumed to believe...'.
  • coalize
    coalize
    the gods who walk among us.... Yet people will believe this because they and the elders are the stars in Jesus' right hand.... The glorious ones...

Yes Muddy waters, it,s exactly how I feel about this picture cover-of-facebook style!

• coalize
    coalize
    Does anyone know if Adventists acknowledge their past mistakes, or do they try to deny them? do they admit outright that 1844 was false prophecy? Or do they say like the witnesses 'SOME presumed to believe...'.

I really think they are in JW-style about this date

here is an adventist link (sorry, it's in french) who explain why 1844 is the more important date of the history.

http://dialogue.adventist.org/articles/18_3_dupreez_f.htm

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    FayeDunaway:
    "Does anyone know if Adventists acknowledge their past mistakes, or do they try to deny them? do they admit outright that 1844 was false prophecy?"

I believe that they just reformed the teaching saying that 1844 was the beginning of Jesus cleansing the "temple" whatever that means to them. That is no different than the Watchtower reforming its 1914 doctrine 3 times already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit