Well............this is me

by digderidoo 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Well, i'd just like to say hello to you all and introduce myself. I've spoken to a few of you on chat and i must say this site is well worth logging on to. It's nice to be able to speak to people who share a common experience to myself, although at times i've found since i've been here through the last week, it has started me thinking again of my experiences in the truth...is this good or bad?

Well as for me, my parents became witnesses when i was 13. Baptised at 15...out at 24. Never been disfellowshipped( although i have moved on from the 'truth'), never wanted to dissassociate myself...as i didn't want to play that game, did the marriage thing..did the divorce thing...and have three wonderful children. I'm not an apostate or anti-, just someone who came to the conclusion that the way i was taught to live just wasn't for me.

I live in the uk throw myself into my work...and now love life!

So thats a bit about myself, just tell me a bit about yourself so i know who i'm talking to when i'm in chat.

Thanks....

Paul (aka digderidoo)

• larc
    larc

Hi Paul,

Welcome.... If you go to the search feature at the top of any page here, put in the word "Hello" you will find the bio's for a lot of us.

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Paul
    There are quite a few of us in the UK. We're in the North West - which part are you in?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi Paul,

When I saw the name "didgeridoo" I got all excited, thinking there was another Aussie on board. Oh well, since you're British that's almost as good!

Welcome and enjoy!

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome Paul! Always nice to see new one's here.
    TW

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Sorry prisca, the name may be misleading but i'm pure brit.

Simon, it's nice to know that there are a few from the uk...me i'm from the midlands.

• Simon
    Simon

Oh no, not another brummie !

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Welcome Paul,

Glad you decided to join our 'coffee house.'

Simon, or one of you others Brits' -
    May I ask what a 'brummie' is - it's not an entry in my 2080 page dictionary, so I'm clueless. :):)

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Zazu....a brummie is somenone from birmingham, uk....however i'm no brummie simon, i'm from wolverhampton.....only 10 miles apart but huge difference in etiquette, stature and general social standing ...lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit