MIND RAPE?

by bay64me 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• bay64me
    bay64me

I read something recently, possibly, (no probably) here, on the subject of mind rape. My encounter with the jws was kind of self inflicted, i.e. I was not brought up in it.

I am sort of coming to the conclusion, that is meaning, that with my association with the witnesses and reading here, that those that were introduced to this particular form of mind control later on in life, seem to be more adversly affected mentally than those that have the misfortune of being 'brought up in the faith'

I would be greatfull to hear you opinions.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

I entered the shadow of the watchtower at 35. As to being more adversely affected, I don't think so. The difference, IMHO, is that when one enters as an adult, they give up and walk away from their life and friends. I did! The result is, now that we have left that shadow, we're finding our true friends and family hadn't abandoned us. They were just waiting for us to return (come to our senses). On the other hand, those that I know who have grown up with only the watchtower as their guide in life, have to make choices about their life that they may not be equipped to make to the benefit of their growth. Youth, as I remember it, was the time to test the waters, to see which direction to go, to grow up and be allowed to make mistakes. Those who grew up as a witness now are leaving their cloistured lifestyle, the time for experimentation may have passed.

I'm finding it much easier walking away compared to the many on this board...but my (our) family was on the outside waiting...maybe that's the difference.

BadJerry

• Derrick
    Derrick

Mind rape you claim? There's an elder I know with a dry sense of humor who might reply that you can't rape a willing participant. Most of us, with the exception of minor children, allowed them into our minds. One might liken it to "date rape," however, in that once we were rendered spiritually naked and vulnerable, they kinda, well, "forced" themselves upon us with threats to disfellowship or other forms of "discipline."

That is why many of us feel impelled to transform this abusive and controlling situation around. Whether it is Silentlambs or reformers at all levels of responsibility working quietly from within the organization, we all feel taken advantage of. MIND RAPE? It's difficult to accuse an organization we initially believed was from Christ and our spiritual "husband" of rape, although now that I look at it this way, maybe I should rethink your point.

Derrick

• Dia
    Dia

I like this thread. Please continue. (signed, 'raised in it')

• garybuss
    garybuss

It's a gang. Those of us who were raised by gang members were educated to accept that the gang was the only safe and good place. Those of us that joined the gang were all looking for something and thought we had found it.

We were all guilty of supporting an evil system and allowing it to continue and to function.

Silent, anonymous walkaways too afraid of loosing their conditional relationships to speak out, still support the evil system and allow it to continue by their silence. The silence and anonymity effectively support the system by the design of the group leaders. Every walkaway that remains anonymous and silent is another victory for the group.

Hard to rape a prostitute and that's what we willingly were at some point. We did whatever the masters told us to do. Now our job is to remain nameless and anonymous so the master can continue.

gb

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi GB

Your post reply is excellent and my sentiments exactly. We were members of a gang. We didn't know any better. Then we decided to think for ourselves instead of being controlled. Suddenly, we found that the gang was not for us. But, being a gang, they don't want to let us go. They fight for control, and dangle our friends and family as blackmail. We cannot let them win!

Individuals have to make their own choices about what they will do. Human beings learn as they experience life. We are "tested" in so many ways simply by existing. If we care enough about ourselves, we will do all we can to remove ourselves from their influence, and we will try to help loved ones that are left behind.

Some of us have had an exceptionally rough road, apart from the JW experience. You and I know what that is like. It's like a double-whammy. But, to have freedom to live our lives to the end, not in fear and guilt, but in joy and understanding, has got to be worth all the pain we have endured.

I always try to read your posts, as I know the message will be worth the time.

Love, Light, and Healing,

Sentinel/Karen

• TheSurvivor
    TheSurvivor

"Your post reply is excellent and my sentiments exactly. We were members of a gang. We didn't know any better. Then we decided to think for ourselves instead of being controlled. Suddenly, we found that the gang was not for us. But, being a gang, they don't want to let us go."

I would not call it a "gang," I would call it "organized crime." After all, we cannot just LEAVE if we want to. If we leave, we are "cut off," the equivalent of being put to death. BTW, what are the numbers lately? Are there more going out than coming in? At one of the last conventions I went to, it seemed to me that there were very old people there, and very young people. But maybe it was just my imagination.

TheSurvivor

• Krazylady
    Krazylady

I was born into the cult. Went to every meeting and bible study from birth. Learned to read from society publications. A lot of that stuff is pretty scarey for a little kid. Little kids listen to adult conversations and draw their own conclusions, which can and do result in nightmares both waking and sleeping.

When I was 5 I was raped by a neighbour (not in the "truth"). The week before he raped me he had caught me playing "show me yours and I'll show you mine" with a boy from down the road who was also 5. He told my parents who wailed in grief, that perhaps I was no longer a virgin, and Jehovah God woud cast me out!!Did I mention we were five years old? So the next week he raped me and I couldn't tell because, what if my parents cast me out too? Of course, I realize now that my mother DID know, how could she not? So all my growing up years, I knew I wasn't a virgin, so nothing mattered, and I tried very hard to die.

Being raped physically was NOTHING compared to the rape of my mind that followed.

Krazylady

• Derrick
    Derrick

One more comment on the concept of "mind rape" -- I have always believed but not often articulated (for obvious reasons as will be immediately evident here), that there is some "mind control" involved. I've often wondered but keep dismissing the possibility it's subliminal, i.e., in the music recordings they play in every Kingdom Hall before and after meetings(?). I also did a lot of research on the government's former MK Ultra project (put these keywords into any search engine like http://www.yahoo.com/) involving top secret mind control experimentation with those in various military branches back in the 60's and 70's. Some interesting notes...

"One of the most remarkable cases of mind control involves a famous model of the late 40's and 50's named Candy Jones. In the book, "The Control of Candy Jones" the author reviewed hours of tapes made by Candy Jones and her husband which revealed a systematic program to create and manipulate alter personalities as the foundation for programmed couriers resistant to torture, where the primary personality would not even be aware of the secret information being carried. The information could be summoned forth via a post-hypnotic command or response to a pre-programmed cue."
    --http://www.mindspring.com/~txporter/sec3.htm

The scope of the project was outlined in a memorandum dated January 1952 that ominously asked: "Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature such as self preservation? "
    --http://www.angelfire.com/or/mctrl/gall.html

Whether there is some connection between the CIA and Watchtower Society is debatable, but I do believe some form of mind control is being used.

Derrick

• sf
    sf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit