Candace Conti Settles

by Nitty-Gritty 204 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Elders will advise parents to go to the police if they themselves are not mandated to report.

Some more information pulled out your ass again Nitty.

The elders in reality rather people not involve the police for it would and could taint the organization as being guilty or unrighteous, bringing reproach onto Jehovah's organization.

You cant fool people who've been in this organization for decades Nitty.

You know and so does everyone else know that.

The Org strenuously tries to make their members above the rest of society, clean and righteous, distinguished completely from non-JWs worldly people .

Many people try and hide under that cloak of white righteousness, Jonathan Kendricks did and look what resulted.

• skepticSam
    skepticSam

"How do you know that WT do not base their judgement on what law enforcement has said about the perpetrator and on history of prosecution? What else do you think they can base their judgment on??? Logically??"

All the lawsuits paid off by the Watchtower (Fredrick Cecil Mclean) "Tour of San Diego Kingdom Halls" provides us enough statistical data to infer the Elders have no business making decisions on anything more than washing a toilet or cleaning windows. We have plenty of empirical data the Watchtower knew they had a problem but ignored this so they could put on the pretense the "Kingdom Hall is the Best Place in the World to Be!" Bullshit. While lashing out at Christendom for Child Abuse Cover Ups, they were hiding their own Pedophiles and preventing true justice by mentally abusing the victims!

All the Watchtower's victims who reported their abuse got tired of being told to "Wait on Jehovah", "If you speak out to the Police, people won't come to the Kingdom Hall. If people don't come to the Kingdom Hall, they will die at Armageddon! If people die at Armageddon, you will be Blood Guilty" Evil Reasoning at it's height!

You need to speak with Barbara Anderson and Bob Bowen and watch the Dateline Special on JWs and Pedophilia because you are not being logical. I am very emotional on this topic because a few of us lost our wonder privileges for exposing these freaks "that don't exist in Jehovah's Organization", yes, we got punished for exposing Pedophiles, what a great Organization you have!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Nitty-Gritty, you wrote:

That is why, and I am repeating myself, parents will go to the authorities (police) to report that crime. Elders will advise parents to go to the police if they themselves are not mandated to report.
    Unfortunately, the instructions given to the elders do not state that they are to encourage the parents to report to the police. They are simply not to prevent the victim to go to the police. But not instructed to help!
    This is passive resistance as they won't get any type of support from the elders. The issue here is that this will likely create a "cold" in between the victim who would surely expect support, and the elders who are doing nothing to help. Other members of the congregations will sense a "cold" between the victim and the elders and will automatically assume the victim has a problem due to some kind of spiritual weakness. Thus, she will, unknowingly, become an outcast as all this will feel weird and spiritual families stay away from weird.

Though many congregations will have elders, I am sure, that will help the victim through the police process and encourage, the Elders book does not push in this way. You go to the hospital because you are sick and might be exposed to blood transfusions? There is a special committee for that and three elders will be by your side. They have printed hundreds of pages and images on that topic. You are at the police station because you are victim of a rape by a member in the congregation? Nothing is printed on that.

• skepticSam
    skepticSam

Nitty-Gritty is preaching nothing new, I know elders who went to court trying to help the Pedophile get a reduced sentence because they could see the changes inside good men like Fredrick Cecil Mclean and the rest of these bane of humanity. While at a Assembly in North California there was a brother who was removed for forcing oral-sex and sodomy on boys of 6-12 years old, his father was the local Circuit Star so he was allowed to move back up the ranks again. Where was this Pedophile who loved little boys, oh, he was helping all them boys by handing them towels and helping with the Baptisms.

Brother-Pedophile spent all his time helping warm up the boys at the Assembly in the bathroom until my friend caught him and warned the CO and DO. His father went straight to the CO and DO and argued to stop this harassment against his son, he son was "no longer a rapist or lover of little boys. A standstill happened, my friend threatened to call the Media and Police and finally the Pedo's father backed off as and "instant common sense" fell upon the "appointed men" who saw it was a bad idea to allow a sex offender access to little boys. He has been helping at all the Assemblies over the past few weeks,our brother had a soft-soft for tween boys, or should we say his "soft spot" got hard? All he wanted was to dry off the little boys and help them change their clothes, his father thought his son was "just trying to help and show humility!" by touching and drying the baby-boys, just trying to dry them and give them a good luck kiss as a "Welcome to the Watchtower Organization" greeting!

This Pedophile was eventually arrested and put away for life, the Watchtower knew he was a Pedophile and refused to broadcast these details because this could hurt this brother's chance at living a normal life among the friends, it's all about the image of the Watchtower, not the victims!

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Nitty-Gritty - I am with you 100%. That is why, and I am repeating myself, parents will go to the authorities (police) to report that crime. Elders will advise parents to go to the police if they themselves are not mandated to report.

No. You are not 100% with me. I don't give a damn how the JWs think they need to handle child rape. Advising or not advising authorities of a crime is not in the discretionary purview of the Elders or the Parents or the various Branches, Departments, etc. This is not a discretionary matter. It is a crime. As such, whether you are the Elders or the Parents you are required to report it. I grow tired of trying to explain this. The only thing the organization needs as a policy is a one-line memo that says "Child Rape: Contact the authorities." That's it. And, you know this because if it was any other religion or organization we would not even be talking about procedures, dancing around the issue, and splitting verbiage.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Also one more thing... isn't it strange that the society has not printed anything about forensic evidence as being valid as a second witness?
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Elders will advise parents to go to the police if they themselves are not mandated to report

Nitty-Gritty, it should not matter if a state has mandatory reporting or not. Elders, like everyone else, should report child abuse to the authorities out of common decency.

Simple really.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Nitty said, " Elders will advise parents to go to the police if they themselves are not mandated to report."

Blatant lie. Any elder doing so would be removed within 24 hours by the circuit overseer.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty here, nitty-gritty.

The Nitty Gritty of it is that you would excuse any behavior by the Watchtower.

If you can excuse God killing innocent children in the flood, killing innocent first born children in Egypt, ordering the killing of innocent infants and children in the promised land, making David and Bath-Sheba's innocent son suffer for seven days before killing him, then you will excuse any policy or anything done by the Society that harms or potentially harms children.

So excuse me if I don't take your point of view as relevant, much less moral.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Nitty said, "How do you know that WT do not base their judgement on what law enforcement has said about the perpetrator and on history of prosecution? What else do you think they can base their judgment on??? Logically??"

Because the KS10 specifically states that if a convicted abuser is sentenced under a plea bargain, that does not constitute admission of guilt within the congregation when it has been established there are not "two witnesses".

99% of these prosecutions do not reach trial and are settled through plea bargains.

Again you are ill informed, delusional and have not the slightest depth of comprehension regarding the internal policies of Watchtower nor how investigation, prosecution and the rule in a court of law operates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit