Massive Growth in Dub Numbers???

by 1rebelheart 40 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Sparrowdown...

I agree that questioning the underlying faith (or lack of it) is of importance and that this cannot be quantified and therefore visualised, however I think that the graphs do have several important purposes.

They do show clear trends for any that wish to argue that the WTS has enjoyed unbridled growth. They expose the cherry picked figures that the WTS bring up (e.g. number of publications, number of hours, numbers baptised each day) and bring context to these. For anyone starting to wake up they provide compelling evidence that not all is hunkydory in WT land. In addition they provide support for hypothesis about the reasons for the less than altruistic actions of the WTS in asset grabbing.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I don't think the WTS fabricate the figures directly however we all know that a proportion of the hours done and publications placed are completely made up by a number of those submitted their monthly report.

Of course, the WTS do apply artistic licence to how they categorise and present figures...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We all know that a proportion of the R&F fabricate their 'report slip'. I know I did.

Our CoBE would meet for the failed misery then disappear. We rarely saw that narrow minded bully actually door knocking.

Figures are figures...make of them what you will

I know we'd all like to see the WBT$ flag and fail in our lifetime. Let's face reality, it will survive somehow and our loved ones will still be trapped inside the filth wasting their lives and shunning us. At least it's good news when a member of the GB dies...sadly, some goon will take his ugly place.

• wozza
    wozza
    Just because there's an increase in numbers over time it does'nt make what they teach " right" ,in my opinion
  • steve2
    steve2

Agree wozza. If only the Witnesses didn't equate numbers with being right (eg, the work is speeding up, Jehovah's blessing - I never understood the rationale behind this one: Does he look down favorably on a hard-working congregation and actively soften the hearts of a larger than usual proportion of householders in the local territory so they "choose" to study, attend meetings, door knock and get baptized?

As with most claims of bring "blessed", the logic eludes me. Jehovah will manipulate people's hearts kn some hard-to-explain way but won't stop the malnourishment and assorted abuses of children the world over?

Religion sure aint for those with active brains.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Most here realize the vast majority of growth can be attributed to children of JW parents. Eventually, those children become parents themselves and have children. And those children become parents and have children. By now, there's lots of second, third and fourth generation JWs in here. Reminds me of the lily pad riddle. Solve this and you'll understand the "massive growth".

There is a pond with lily pads in it. Every day the amount of lily pads in the pond doubles. (2,4,8,16,32, etc.) If on the 30th day the pond is completely full, on which day was it half full?

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    ..as a registered charity are they not accountable in some way?...seem to remember that there used to be a monthly or annual financial report read out at meetings but never a report of publisher numbers etc. I guess accurate figures of publishers etc is dependent on definition of what constitutes a publisher/interested ones...
  • 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

Leaving_quietly Most here realize the vast majority of growth can be attributed to children of JW parents.

True.
    In the third world parents who were attracted by the love bombing now their kids ( and they may number up to 5 per couple) are under pressure when their peers get baptized. We had 7 teenagers baptized in the span of two years, 3 this year all born ins and 3 are from one family that now has in total 4 baptized youths.

I spoke to one old timer parent yesterday who has 5 children. Of the boys 1 never joined, the other got disfellowshipped. But his three daughters "are here with us".

So third world still has" growth".

Anyone remember when there was emphasis from wt to build not on sand but on rock foundation. I sat with one of these lower educated youths for baptismal questions and he knew didly squat! The other elders said he had the love for J so let him in. I felt sorry for him. What happened to wt phrase quality and not quantity?

I hope Borg is falling and if gets more recruits, it'll be those who've followed their advice to remain uneducated and thus affect the incoming cash flow.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

westiebillie11 - "...what's to prevent them fabricating numbers?"

Absolutely nothing.

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe
    Hey, here's something strangely related. Logged in to my old congregation account and one of the servants listed still on their list died over a year ago. Still counted?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit