The paradox of the WTBTS

by coalize 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Even my still-in wife said this after watching the May broadcast, "Of course they're short on money when they are telling everyone to forego college and pioneer!" I didn't even have to prompt her for that!
  • coalize
    coalize
    If even those still-in notice...
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Watchtower has kind of lost it's way. For the longest time, they were simply a religion backing a giant publishing company. The money was in the literature- the religion got free volunteers to sell it. Even when they stopped setting a price, the religion got the volunteers to donate for literature and make the literature at low cost.

Conventions were their sales seminars and donations were huge at these affairs. They must still make money at conventions because they are still their huge thing all summer, but more and more of them are "in-house."

As far as literature goes, it's not seeing the profits it used to. People don't want JW literature, don't donate for it. The main donations from members have been on the decline for a long time. They must still make money with literature or it would be gone, but they had to cheapen the product, print fewer pages, find some happy medium of how much to print and still get enough donations.

Pioneering is still encouraged because every single ladder-climber at every single branch had to get there by pioneering in some fashion. It's all they know. But I don't think they really truly want more people trying to push more literature anymore. "Sit or stand near your cart and don't bother people. Let the spirit bring them to you."

Although I am confident that they have plenty of money still, they have looked down the road and see that literature is not their future. They did the cash grab from real estate and congregations. They are still trying to put pressure on congregations to set a high monthly donation to Headquarters regardless of how much literature they receive and move for the printing company.

The saddest thing as far as I am concerned- even their messed up business model of getting out of printing keeps them in the black for the rest of my lifetime. We definitely need donations to dry up and lawsuits to pile up.

• coalize
    coalize
    Conventions were their sales seminars and donations were huge at these affairs

It makes me remember of one thing : All the time, the sunday morning at convention, when they was telling the money received, it was negative. I don't remember a single time, when the account was positive!

• Listener
    Listener
    They don't need as much money as other religions do because everyone is working for free. If they don't have interesting jobs in the first place they are more likely to work for the WTBTS.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    coal-eyes - I don't remember a single time, when the account was positive!

This has been discussed on another thread. It's a scam. It goes something like, the negative figures are based on estimates and invented shortfall.

WBT$ = SCAM

• coalize
    coalize
    This has been discussed on another thread. It's a scam

Yes! And it make me think, that implies taht all the elders who take part at this scam are accomplices... And knowing perfectly all that is a scam!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    coalize6 minutes agoYes! And it make me think, that implies taht all the elders who take part at this scam are accomplices... And knowing perfectly all that is a scam!
    This has been discussed on another thread. It's a scam

I was an elder and blissfully unaware of the scam. I even think those that did the accounts were unaware. We thought it was 'theocratic direction(tm)'. Praise Jah(tm).

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • coalize
    coalize
    LOL! Very funny! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit