Regional Conventiona Stockholm

by InquiryMan 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Close to 400 got baptized at the regional convention in Stockholm attended by more than 50,000 witnesses from Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland as well as Greenland and Faroe Islands.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

0.8%?...

How many of those in attendance will leave, get dfd or/and die in the next year?..

I can guarantee more than 1%

• oppostate
    oppostate

As a publisher in full-on mind-controlled JW-drone mode I would have been overjoyed over hearing of such a Convention. And hundreds baptized, what happifying news indeed!

Now, awake to the wiles and shenanigans of the WT, I feel so sorry for the folks who had to put up with mind-numbing, exhaustingly pointless sessions filled with pathetic, narcissistic outlines--delivered by less than competent speakers--who regurgitate the same old dribble, and recycled doctrinal vomit hour after excruciating hour for several days!

There will be those--it's consoling to think--who will be able to escape the cult in the next year. At least that's something to look forwards to with some anticipation.

• chicken little
    chicken little
    I only have one friend on fb that is still a Jw and their family has been at that convention. They have posted about the love and how wonderful it all is. What I find very sad is that this family have a mother who is mentally ill and unable to care for herself properly. She was disfellowshipped and for many, many years fought to get back into the "truth". When she did make it back she was still left out in the cold and now where she really needs help and support she is left alone. Her only support is a neighbour who shows more christianity than the jw's all together. Yes you feel the love if you close your eyes to all the negative around you. Sad.
  • Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever
    I am glad I only attended half of the sunday.
  • steve2
    steve2

PEAK PUBLISHERS

Denmark

Faroe Islands

Greenland

Iceland

Norway

Sweden

TOTAL

NO. BAPTIZED

Denmark

Faroe Islands

Greenland

Iceland

Norway

Sweden

TOTAL

A comparison of peak publishers and no. baptized in the above Scandanavian countries. Sorry, don't have the stats for 2014 (perhaps someone else does?).

Over an eight-year period, peak publishers increased by just under 1,500 and baptisms by 144. Note Denmark has been in the doldrums in terms of publisher growth for decades hovering around 13,000 to 14,000, despite continued baptisms.

It will be intriguing to see how this year's publisher and baptism numbers compare with more recent years.

Apologies for the poor formatting of the tables - all lost when I copied to this post.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

I attended all three days.

Friday: 48,986 and 49,493

Saturday: 48,414 and 47,344

Sunday: 50,456 and 50,032

Average attendance: 49,120.8

Baptized: 394

0,802%

(I have the different country stats if anyone is interested)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit