Thought only JWs were doing the preaching work world wide?

by ducatijoe 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

As one of Jehovah's Witnesses for over 40 years, I was always taught that we were the only ones who went door to door, preached world wide, built our own buildings and so on.

However in the past year living in the south, not 1 JW has knocked on my door. Yet 4 various people from local churches have.

Tonight I meet a young man who is preaching with a group in China (Baptist) A block away I watched a congregation build their own church.

I could go on all night with the thing I have found to be un true with the Org.

Glad I'm out

• the truth is mine
    the truth is mine
    I always found it interesting that the LDS church preaches door to door as well but when I asked about that the witness brushed it off by saying "they only preach for two years while jehovahs witnesses preach thetheir whtheir whole lives. No retirement from being a good witness." Even when i brushed off things that made no sense, that explanation seemed like bullshit.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That is what happens when the only source of info that you have is the WTS. They would clearly have you believe that only JWs are evangelizers or missionaries. The reality is that almost every church supports some kind of evangelical or proselytizing program, although many include sending real charitable assistance to undelveloped or 3rd world countries by encouraging doctors or nurses to travel and help in foreign assignments.

Doc

• Lieu
    Lieu

Ya gotta go to college to be a doctor or nurse. Left to JWs, third worlders would be lucky to find a shaman to shake some smoky palm leaves over them.

Mormons only "preach" for two years. Yeah, and Christ only preached for three years ... and didn't begin until he was 30.

I always kinda envied other churches true charitable works while embarrassed by our giving rocks to people who needed bread. Hungry? Here, take this mag.

• jhine
    jhine

Ducatijoe , as already pointed out most churches evangelise in some way.My own small parish Church has been door knocking , just saying hello , and handing out leaflets . These do include service times and pictures of the vicar and lay readers , which we point out are useful if you want to avoid them - you now have a mugshot .! Also in there are details about USEFUL things like the food bank and counseling services, which by the way are run by a group of churches of different denominations .

We don't preach , just show people a friendly face and offer help whenever it may be needed .

As you can imagine when we inadvertantly knock on a Witnesses door this causes much confusion and horror .

Jan

• blondie
    blondie

always found it interesting that the LDS church preaches door to door as well but when I asked about that the witness brushed it off by saying "they only preach for two years while jehovahs witnesses preach thetheir whtheir whole lives.

Church-service missionaries serve at least 8 hours per week. https://www.lds.org/callings/missionary/church-service/questions?lang=eng

104 weeks x 8 hours = 832 hours for 2 years

Average jw spends 8 hours per month means 104 months which is just under 9 years.

They are not limited to 2 years:

A missionary is generally called to serve from 6 to 24 months. Assignments may be extended if the availability of the missionary and the needs of the operation continue to exist, up to a maximum of 30 months. After a 30-month mission, a new recommendation form should then be submitted for another mission.

• Ding
    Ding
    Most JWs I know would say that all the other churches' efforts don't count because they aren't preaching about Jehovah's Kingdom, 1914, invisible parousia, and all the other WT doctrines.
  • stillin
    stillin

Didn't you know? All of the church's missionaries are getting rich! Sure, they get little bible study groups going, which sometimes expand into actual churches. But the pastors are all corrupt rapists, child molesters, skimming cash off of the church coffers.

But the witnesses are the only ones who do it right.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

i showed my wife in 2 cor 4:5

5 For we are preaching, not ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as YOUR slaves for Jesus’ sake

So i told her, when you preach door to door, you should be preaching about christ. not handing out magazines, would jesus hand out magazines?
    yep, her cognitive disonance kicked in......she is so blinded.
    i hate this cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit