Hostages in Phillipines

by writerpen 7 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

Anyone know the latest on the hostages in the Phillipines? We are working on a segment for church this weekend and I would like to bring this out. Last I heard was that two had been murdered. Anyone able to find an article about the latest on them? Would help me a great deal.

Thanks,

Tara

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Tara - I've been wondering about them myself. The last I read was that a special forces group were going in after them (and also, IMHO, to put people on the ground due to it being tied to Abu Sayaff (sp) )

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35312&site=3

I haven't heard nor read anything about them since that. Check newspaper article mentioned in above thread.

Mimilly

Edited by - Mimilly on 5 September 2002 11:26:8

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The latest is in the Philippine Star. See the 4th story under "Nation" entitled "Troops pursuing Sulu hostage takers" at

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/index.htm

• ISP
    ISP

So the WTS has not paid the ransom yet, then?

ISP

• LDH
    LDH

ISP--

Shame on you, thinking the WBTS has the money to pay a ransom for some of it's followers!!!

They are a penniless, not for profit company that merely spreads the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ!

<<<knocks self on head>>>

Oh sorry, that was the Gideons I was talking about....

Lisa

• LDH
    LDH

Oh, ps, while I'm thinking about it....

I don't care what happens to them as long as we don't use American taxpayer dollars to help them out. Just like I don't think we needed to spend millions to help those American girls who went to proselytize and church build in Afghanistan.

IMHO if you go around declaring your religion is the "only true religion" and that you are 'backed up by God"--you should be ready to take your lumps. If God can't help ya, tough (#@&$

IMHO.

Lisa

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

I heard that this was just another sign of the end. 'Now, god's organization is being attaacked worldwide'. Nevermind that this is not the first time that a religious group has been held hostage in the Phillipines.

• writerpen
    writerpen

Kenneson - thanks a million.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit