Try Other Religions

by Sofia Lose 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Sofia,

I get it. After I left JWs, my curiosity about everything was so unquenchable.

I followed my instincts wherever my research wanted to take me. I read everything I could get my hands on and visited places that were forbidden in JW land.

Do what makes you happy. Search, explore, enjoy.

I hope you find contentment and peace where ever it leads you.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    I've tried Materialism, and that didn't work out. I had to go and get some Credit Counselling therapy.
  • kaik
    kaik

My conclusion dealing with Christianity, it is a fraud faith by selling snake oil for a promise of reward after someone have died. It is unverified, unconfirmed assurance to make present life on this earth at this time worthless by promising something after death. To me, spirituality is an invention of mind. I love medieval Christianity with all these Gothic churches, cathedrals, and abbeys, other non-european non Christian crowd feel ambivalent to it, and thus make spirituality ethnocentric.

I have studied with rabbi and my in-laws are Jewish ranging from non-practicing Jews in sense of religion but maintain Jewish customs and culture as way of life to my mother-in-law who is born into Orthodox family. Jews do not have centralized faith. My in-laws do not proselyte me nor have forced me to follow their customs and traditions. We do not talk about religion unless we have a reason to bring it up.

Anyway, chasing a spirituality is like chasing the castle in the air, while distracting society from dealing with real issues like social inequality, environment, mismanagement of public finances. If someone is spiritual and hopes to live on that castle in the air, he or she can care less what this earth looks like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit