Never Again

by DannyBear 9 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

It has become crystal clear to me that I would never return to or join any religion again. This rejection of spritual tyranny has fostered a freedom of thought and actions that are so liberating, I can hardly stomach the stories of repression and mind control, we read here daily.

Someone recently under 'covert ops' thread played a tape recording of a recent 'service meeting', I could only listen to about 3 min of it, before having to click the player off. I could not make myself listen to the drivel any longer. I imagined soldiers who endured drip torture in some far away prisoner of war camp, revolting at ever taking a shower, because of the memories it would bring back. Iam serious it was that revolting to me.

After 20+ years of liberation from jw torture, I can only say to those pondering or thinking about getting free.....DO NOT WASTE ANOTHER PRESIOUS MINUTE....

If I ever wondered what would be a good cause to die for, I wonder no more. True freedom of spirit and thought is more valuable than I ever knew.

Danny

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

It's all done in the guise of LOVE!

Guest 77

• think41self
    think41self

I'm right there with you Danny,

I cannot tolerate listening to ANY talk given at a Kingdom Hall or convention without it triggering my gag reflex BIG TIME. I only last a minute. I don't know how others manage it...I really don't.

While I share your opinions about not joining another religion...and while I have heard other religious speakers and they ALSO triggered the gagaroonie machine I must confess I've attended a funeral or two at a church that I thought was tasteful, respectful of the deceased, and a celebration of that persons life. So I can't say that even the thought of stepping in a church gives me the willies...but I know I'll never join one

Freedom is grand...EVEN if the price of it were our "everlasting lives" as the GB would have us believe(which of course I do not believe)...BUT even if that WERE the price...then I would say "Where do I pay?"

Tracy...of the free for life class

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Guest77,

Guise, or perhaps even a better word 'ruse'. Thier words paint a picture of a 'loving brotherhood' but the reality is just not so. Love bombs dropped selectively, on those entering the cult....but have second thoughts or fall prey to human frailty the love bombs turn into 'spears of hatred'. Hatred so calculated and cold, they can dissolve entire families overnite. That is evil to say the least.

Tracy,

Hi beautiful. Hope you and Doug are doing well.

*** I must confess I've attended a funeral or two at a church that I thought was tasteful, respectful of the deceased, and a celebration of that persons life. ***

I agree. Spirituality and appreciation for the comfort it can bring, is and never has been a result of religious tenants or doctrine.

It took me several years to lose the 'willies' as respects churches as well, but have no desire to sign on the dotted line.

The GB uses 'everlasting life' just like the Catholics use or should I say used 'burning in hell'...Iam sure even they are getting away from such fear tactics......for some reason the JW GB never learn. They will keep selling 'paradise time shares' (sorry JT, I love it) with guilt and intimidation, until they all croak. Even then some other young 'theocratic warrior' will carry on in thier stead.

Thanks for your comments Tracy..of the free for life class.

Danny

• ISP
    ISP

I agree danny....I wouldn't go back to anything.....its all baloney.

ISP

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I couldn't listen to the covert-ops either. Gagged me out, to the max, like totally

Dan, of the wouldn't-set-foot-in-a-kingdom-hall-ever-again-not-even-for-a-million-dollars class

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Amen.

SPAZ

• Makena1
    Makena1

DB - well said. Although it has been just a little over 2 years for my wife and I, the freedom to think, act, and worship (if we choose to) without looking over our shoulder is truly liberating. Other than attending my father's funeral, (aka sales presentation), earlier this year, memorial 2000 was our last real meeting. As I think Mulan wrote in a thread about driving by the Tacoma dome while a DC was in progress, the thought of sitting through ANY religious service makes my b#tt pucker.

Mak

• think41self
    think41self

Hey Danny

BTW, it's great to hear from you again. Doug is behaving himself...I only have to SPANK him once a day now.

"Paradise time shares" I love it Thanks for sharing that, I missed it when JT originally said it.

I hope your daughter is still hanging in there, "associating" with you and everything, I know how much that means to you. At least I still have my sister...for that I am thankful.

Makena...LOL at the butt pucker. That's what it feels like...to even think of sitting through one of those god awful, boring, loooooong assemblies.

Tracy

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

ISP,

Yes and it ain't even close to Oscar Meyer no matter how you cut it!

Danman,

Hey fella you got a great handel. Us Dan's gotta stick together...but never in the KH agreed.

SPAZnik,

Amen and Amen!

Makena1,

***the freedom to think, act, and worship (if we choose to) without looking over our shoulder is truly liberating. *** Yes!

Even when jw's are alone with no one around, thier consiences are so overburdened with guilt and anxiety, based upon the ridiculous demands placed on them, they cannot have a moment to themselves. They must play and replay the reminder tapes so ingrained from 5 meetings a week.

' I should be in field service, I should be visiting the weak, I should be praying, I should not be thinking about sex, I should be studying and underlining my Watchtower, I should be cleaning the hall, I should I should..........EEEEEEEEK man we all did it, eh?

No more butt puckering DannyBear.

Tracy.

Thanks so much for remmebering my daughter. Yes she is still talking to me..thank you for little blessings!

Maybe at the ripe old age of 29 she has decided to think for herself....it is about age I started to do so. In fact I was out all the way by my 33 birthday.

Regards to Doug.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit