SHOULD JWs WEAR THE FOLLOWING--pierced ear rings.

by QUEENIE 9 Replies latest jw friends

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

Nose rings / belly rings / tongue rings / tit-rings any kind of rings / multiple rings in the ear. ete..HEY I GOTA KNOW..queenie

• Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

You left out toe rings and ring around the collar.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

Mister BIGs YOU R to funny I also missed RINGS aroung the fingers as in being engaged and or hitched...queenie

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

don't know what the dress code is anymore but I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced. Thats the first thin I did when I left.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

My wife, daughter and five year old granddaughter - all JWs - have multiple pierced earrings. Also wear toe rings, many finger rings, and might at times have ring around the collar. Nose rings are still considered a bit too radical by some. Pierced navels - I've seen a few.

There may still be elders somewhere who would give them shit about it - but I think he'd quickly regret it.

S4

• butalbee
    butalbee

Yeah right, Imagine a dub with a tongue ring.

• Mum
    Mum

In order to simplify their lives, reduce stress, make more time for field service, and avoid being counseled by the elders because of inappropriate clothing or jewelry, JW's should wear nothing at all.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

My exwife, a witness, got her belly pierced. Her PO dad saw it and didn't say anything. Probably talking about her behind her back to the cong, telling them how bad of an example she is and doesn't know where she got it....Oh wait, must be that apostate ex-husband of hers!

• razorMind
    razorMind

Shoot, their own literature used to have illustrations of Biblical-era women wearing nose rings. I'd always planned to use this argument with my 'rents back in the day when I wanted one. I was too chicken to get one then, but I'd get one now.

Though I do have fond memories of a particularly assy JW couple gazing in horror at my tattoo, during one of the last times I attended a convention.....

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

Hey! I was thinking about getting a piercing this week.

AFAIK I don't think they are as strict about it now with the girls, unless it's on the face. But the guys still can't do it at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit