SHOULD JWS WEAR EAR-RINGS?

by badboy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I understand that wearing ear-rings is a pagan tradition.

• Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

What about nipple rings?

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

so is the wedding ring thing. but you don't see the sisters giving up their wedding rings! last i heard, the bigger the better was still in vogue.

• minimus
    minimus

When the Society says, "It is of pagan origin", then it must be avoided. But if they say, "It is of pagan origin but this does not have to be avoided it", then it's o.k..........got it???

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

only if they plan on being led around by them by their significant other !!! queenie

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

A few lines from the aid book state:

earrings were worn by the Midianites, from whom the Israielites took them as part of the spoils of war. When Aaron was about to make the golden calf he instructed the Israelites to tear off the gold earrings that are in the ears of your wives,of sons and of your daughters. When Israel was granted the pivilege of making contributions for the tabernacle, willing-hearted persons donated various articles, including earrings. centuries later, Jehovah told Jerusalem that, among other things, he had shown her love by placing earrings on her ears.

In many nations of antiquity men, women and children all wore earrings.

Maybe they will get a new light on the matter, for now it might depend on which congregation you belong to or what country.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Only conversative type earrings I would imagine. Nothing dangling, or large hoops. As for the the nipple rings--lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit