Francois recommended a good drop!

by ozziepost 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A few days ago, Francois recommended a fine wine on this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35848&site=3

The subject of his admiration was Tyrells Long Flat Red. It's an Australian wine from Tyrells winery at Pokolbyn in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales. It's a winery I'm familiar with, and have enjoyed visiting with my family, but I've never been a great admirer of New South Wales wines.......until now.

I gotta tell ya, Frank, that Mrs Ozzie is looking very mellow. It certainly has a 'kick'. We'd intended sampling a bottle with a gourmet pizza, but we grew impatient and visited our favourite apostate restaurant tonite instead of tomorrow and enjoyed a meal complemented with the Long Red. I had a pepper steak and Mrs Ozzie had Spaghetti Marinara with chille. The Long Red served very well. We could certainly appreciate the berry taste.

Here are the notes from the winemaker:

One of Australias first and greatest wine brands, the Long Flat range was created in 1966, in honour of one of Tyrrells most famous vineyards - the Long Flat Vineyard. Long Flat boasts an international reputation for its consistency of style and value for money and has now gone on to become an Australian icon. All three wines in this range are blended for their full fruit flavour, ready drinkability and reliability.

Now into its fourth decade Long Flat has built a solid reputation on the brands history, price and consistent quality.

Long Flat Red is made from Cabernet (giving the wine a lift upfront), Shiraz (fills the mid palate) and Malbec (for softness and structure).

For further details, check out Tyrells website:

http://www.tyrrells.com.au/tyrrells.htm

What made it even more enjoyable, is that it cost just $8.59!!

So it was a good tip, Francois.

Thanks, mate.

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 4 September 2002 7:59:34

• Francois
    Francois

Thanks for your concurance, sir, I consider it an honor. Now, if only I was related to those good folk at Tyrrell's.

Frank Tyrrell

• ozzie
    ozzie

Well, it's great to know that there is more than one Ozzie in the world that likes good Australian wine!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

To the shadow who calls himself ozzie,

Are you going to be an echo or speak up for yourself.

Please re-register with another name.

Ozziepost

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Sorry, but you're OzziePOST, as in Australia Post - if you were too lax to take the obvious choice when it was available, then it is no-one's fault but your own. Hopefully this new Ozzie will be a kinder, gentler Ozzie, who won't find fault with just about everything I post! LOL

Welcome to the board, TRUE Ozzie!

• ozziepost
  • Stephanus
    Stephanus

<pats OzzieP on head> There, there! I was only joking - we all love you deep down...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit