King Hezekiah and his use of the ankh

by Leolaia 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here's something for the Watchtower to chew on.....

A recent article in Biblical Archaeology Review (July/August 2002) has a cover article on the Hezekiah bullae. Each features traditional Egyptian iconography. Several have dung beetles depicted in the center, while one has a winged sundisk flanked by an ankh. Other ancient Hebrew bullae have featured Egyptian images, but it is quite interesting that "good King Hezekiah," described as the most God-fearing king of ancient Judah, had no problem with using the Ra sundisk image and the ankh as regal symbols in his official seals. So....the most righteous king of Judah used a pagan version of the cross....hmmmm....

Leolaia

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

That is indeed interesting Leo.

I wonder how the watchtower would explain this or try to fit these facts into their doctrine.

They would probably say that the information is from Satan and so it is all a lie!

• minimus
    minimus

They would say that even good kings for a time mixed in false worship with true. But the lite got brighter and now we know how wrong it is.

• Satanus
    Satanus

That should tell people something about the bible. But hey, you can't argue w faith.

SS

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

> They would say that even good kings for a time mixed in false
    > worship with true. But the lite got brighter and now we know how
    > wrong it is.

Lite, shmite, Hezekiah was on a first-name basis with Yahweh. They spoke directly to each other, the Bible sez. So, if Yahweh was kinda bothered by that ankh thing, you think he'd say, "Oh, by the way, I noticed you're using a symbol that I don't like. You know how I feel about idols, Hezzy boy. You don't want to make me ANGRY, do you?"

Leolaia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit