Burning Man Trip Report

by ThiChi 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

LDH:

It was a total blast! I camped at the VW Bus Camp for a second year (drove over 700 miles in my 67 split window). Great people. The Burn this year was just awesome....Art work, Art cars, theme camps, dance clubs...it was all good. Where else can you view Stone Hedge made out of Twinkies!!!

LDH, When you are ready to go, e-mail me, I have some good suggestions for a camp to stay at for your first time...you make good friends fast for a more enjoyable stay.

Black Rock City is lighted by lamps that are placed on the street corners by the "Lamp Lighters." Some friends were stying at the Lamp Lighters camp, so one night I volunteered to "carry." That is, a long pole is placed behind your neck with about 12 lamps hanging from each side. We were given white robes and a head covering to wear while lighting the City (wow, I felt like I was in a bible drama!). After the lighting at dusk, we went back to the Lamp Lighter Camp for a great meal and open Bar. Sweet!

One night, I hooked up with some x-jws and sang "Move Ahead" as loud as we could while partying down the street! hehe!

[email protected]

Edited by - thichi on 3 September 2002 16:47:46

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I was planning on going last year, but didn't. A friend of mine from Providence did go, and was killed at the event during the final burning. He was severely burned, and lived for three days in the hospital before dying.

Chuck

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

May I light a candle

....nono...

May I place a chalice of water on my altar for your friend tonight?

GentlyFeral

• LDH
    LDH

ThiChi,

Just found this thread.... I would love to go next year, with some girlfriends or something. I already have a few of my own ideas!!!

How in the world did you hook up with XJWs??? That is the funniest damn thing--singing "Move ahead." How did everyone react to that?

Chuch, that is so sad! Would you please explain what happened? I've never been so I don't have a good 'visual' of "the final burning" (or any burning for that matter.) The Burning Man itself didn't so muchintrigue me as all the wacky nuts wandering around.

Lisa

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"How in the world did you hook up with XJWs??? "

Well, I ran into a friend who once served as a MS in my hall.....he was out for the last five years...then he brought a friend along who was an ex Dub too......we had our singing group!!!

• LDH
    LDH

OH MY GAWD!!!!!!

That is too funny ThiChi. I have heard you can't buy anything, you have to barter. Maybe I will bring a hot wax kit and offer free waxing, LOL.

Lisa

Smooth Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit