My New Avatar

by cofty 18 Replies latest jw friends

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Agreed. It's lovely either postage stamp size or full size but looks quite different each way, and seems symbolic too of the changes of time.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Stunning, Cofty! Thanks for the full size photo. Looks great as desktop wallpaper.
  • galaxie
    galaxie
    Nice one! My daughter has just returned from a break at haggerston castle ,she loved her time in berwick. I hope to visit soon as part of my motorhome tour..cheers
  • cofty
    cofty

Thanks for all your comments. There are 28 arches in the full viaduct. 14 over land and 14 over the river Tweed.

The pillars are large blocks of stone and the arches are brick - "upside down brick". It's a lovely structure. Some of the labourers never went home and their descendents are still living in the area.

• punkofnice
  • jhine
    jhine

Beautiful ,

Jan

• Mattieu
    Mattieu
    Beautiful bridge and great pic cofty!
  • DJS
    DJS

Cofty,

Love it! Very Romanesque. I hope these are lights (you say it is lit up at night) and you get to see this beautiful architectural and historical feature in this manner.

• cofty
    cofty

The lights constantly change colours and sequences.

We had a celebration a few years ago for the switching on of the lights but a storm the day before had washed some trees down the river and took out some of the cables. It was a bad start. The moved the cables up to the top level and it's all fixed now. It was first in Reuters top images of the year a couple of years ago.

I didn't take the picture by the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit