Special assembly Belgium

by InquiryMan 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Special assembly was attended by 30,000 and 173 was baptized.

See video-footage given by english language Belgian web site.

(Interestingly, the press spokesman was a sister).

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english

• Listener
    Listener

>>04/07/15 - Some 30,000 members of Jehova's Witnesses are attending a world congress at Flanders Expo in Ghent. The Bible and a clear set of rules are key factors for the members, which are an estimated 25,000 in Belgium. The congress in Belgium includes immersion baptism sessions, singing, praying and also Bible courses in 13 languages. <<

A clear set of rules are key factors for the members - as set out in the secret shepherding the flock book.

• Splash
    Splash

173 out of 30,000 is 0.6%.

Typical figures as we're seeing in other places.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

0.6% for a "special" convention??...

Pathetic.

I bet 90% of those were born ins.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    COH: I bet 90% of those were born ins.

Yes, and sadly of quite a young age most likely.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan
    I have a feeling that baptism at a young age is not that widespread in Europe, at least not in northern Europe as it in the US and other areas.
  • sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword

I was supposed to go visiting to this one with family and friends from my home country cong, but faked sickness. I could have actually become sick of all the BS anyway!

Wonder if it was as hot there as some of Europe was last week.

• Splash
    Splash
    If the number of JWs leaving the WT increases, the remaining children getting baptised will likely produce a higher %ge, if that makes any sense!
  • millie210
    millie210

Quite frankly I am amazed at the baptismal numbers coming out of Europe. I thought Europe was becoming decidedly secular?

I wonder what accounts for this?

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan
    There will always be people who are religiously inclined even in a secular society, searching for answers and when JWs satisfy that they end up becoming one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit