discrimination if your fathers not an elder

by smiler 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiler
    smiler

Its sad to think that if you are in the 'truth' that discrimination is so blatant, this works in your favour if you happen to be male and have the 'privalage' of being an elder. As this will mean that as an elder he will probably be aware of any persons attending the kh who have had allegations made against them or convicted of child abuse. If the 'privalaged' elder has children of his own then he is in a better position to protect his children from abuse or contact with the abuser.

Where does this leave the widows and orphans or the 'bros and sis' who are merely publishers with 'no insider' information- more importantly who does it leave the innocent children of these ones prey to???.

how sad is that!!

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

just because someones an elder doesn't mean they have all the info.A former elder in our hall sexually abused a young girl in our cong.,yet my husband (who was an elder,though not at the time this happened)never knew...let me tell you he was shocked when I told him.Now he knew why that man was no longer an elder.It truly amazes me how naive some witness parents are...I've known of people in the org. who know brothers who have done such things,yet they still allow their children to associate with them because they are supposedly repentant.How messed up is that?who's to say kids would be protected even if they had such information?I used to be allowed to sleep over my friends house even though her father had been disfellowshipped (but of course got reinstated)for molesting his oldest daughter on many occasions.....I look back and think what was my mother thinking?!!(and yes,people knew about this).Not only do people need to be given info on who in the cong. has been accused of such things,the parents need to be informed that pediophiles do not change!!!even in "jehovah's organization"

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

A very close family member married a convicted child molester. My father, PO of the congregation, refused to tell us what crime this brother had committed, the relative would only say that he became a witness in prison and committed a crime worse than murder. We confronted my father and he told us that we were heading toward gossip and slander and could be disfellowshipped if we pursued getting the information. Fortunately this brother took us aside and told us about his past. We were then able to protect our children - he and this relative were never allowed to be alone with our children. It has been more than 15 years since this man has been in our family. We have a good relationship with him, he has not reoffended, at least to our knowledge. Our children are now young adults. My father still won't talk about this situation after all of this time. So just because the elders know doesn't mean they protect their families...at least in this case.

Mrs R

• LDH
    LDH

Smiler,

There is some truth to what you are saying. I remember being told "not to EVER sit on the seat of the toilet at the KH"--when I kept asking why I was finally told that "a married sister who committed adultery contracted herpes." We were NEVER told who it was.

In talking to the kids of the other elders, they had also been warned.

Of course, that's only ONE of the reasons I have *bathroom issues,* LOL.

Lisa

Squats When Using Public Toilets Class

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I have to share this story with you all, as it disturbed me that privileged information can protect the privileged few who have access to it.

In my former congregation, a brother was convicted of a crime which he was supposed to have committed before becoming a JW. He was sentenced and went to jail for a periof of time. When all this happened, no one was told what he had done, and why he had gone to jail.

On his release, he went back to the meetings as he did before his sentence. One day an elder's child (5 yrs of age at the time) fell over outside the kingdom hall and hurt herself. This brother walked over to her and helped her up on her feet again. When this happened, the father of the child (an elder) walked up the brother and grabbed his child and said 'Don't you EVER touch my child again, not ever!!!' ...and he stormed off into the KH. I later learnt that the brother was sentence for molestating his own child some years ago.

I thought this situation was interesting.

Beck

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

LOL@LDH *bathroom issues* LOLOL

I am not alone!

Beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit