Emergency Little Rock AK - Blood

by Lee Elder 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

We have an emergency situation developing in Little Rock Arkansas. If you are nearby
    and are familiar enough with the blood policy and willing to help, please contact
    me asap. Perhaps we can help save the life of a young JW who needs surgery
    to repair his Aorta.

Thanks,

Lee

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

What do you mean "familiar with the blood policy". What sort of help can be provided?

paduan

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I'm just posting this to let people see what the Watchtower Society now allows (I originally posted this on another Thread):

I don't know 100% what the Society's Current Blood Policy is (I don't know if even the Governing Body and Elders do anymore).

However, here is what I have heard is now ALLOWED by the Society:

Vaccinations (Shots) even if they contain Blood!

Organ Transplants even though the Organs contain Blood! (Probably a large amount of Blood too!)

Bone-Marrow Transplants

Hemophiliac Blood Treatments

All sorts of Blood Fractions

Here is a Pharisee-Like List of the "Acceptable Blood Fractions" which Witnesses are now allowed to accept (at least this is what I have heard, not 100% sure):

*Factor VIII
    *Gamma Globulin
    *Blood Plasma Proteins
    *Albumin
    *Immune Globulins
    *Rh Immune Globulin
    *Hemophiliac Preparations
    *Clotting Factors
    *Synthetic Hormone EPO (Erythropoietin) (contains only "a small amount of Albumin")
    *Autologous Blood (Autotransfusion) (Where your own Blood "flows out through a tube to the Artificial Organ that pumps and filters (or oxygenates) it, and then it returns to the patient's circulatory system")
    *Hemodilution
    *HemoPure (Cow's Blood)
    *PolyHeme

Also in a 1960's Article the Watchtower Society said that Jehovah's Witness Doctors CAN GIVE Blood Transfusions to those evil "Worldly People!" (However Witnesses are not even allowed to give Blood to their PETS -- Does this seem odd? I guess the Watchtower Society is basically saying that "Worldly People" are so wicked that it doesn't matter if you give them Blood, yet your Pets are better than Worldly People)

• miner
    miner

Forgive me, Lee, I certainly don't want to hijack your thread, but can Undisfellowshipped or anyone else refer us to the place (places?) where we can read that it's OK to use these components and products?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hi Miner,

I definitely do not want to hijack this Thread either.

I think I got most of that information from Lee Elder's Awesome Website, http://www.ajwrb.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit