Looking Back in Retrospect to 1995 ...

by LoveUniHateExams 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

I had a friend from bethel call me before the WT arrived at our hall. He told me something big was coming and to read the study articles as soon as I got the magazine. I did.

I conducted that WT study. It was just as OTWO said, read paragraph, answer and move on. It was like no one cared that it was a major change. I think no one at our hall really fully understood it.

At the time I thought it was a big change but it didn't mean that much since the end was still coming soon. I had no idea it would cause some to leave the dubs until a few months later when I started hearing stories about those who left.

I don't think I fully understood what the change really meant until I started reading this site and others. The overlapping generation teaching is a joke.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    i'd already left but in my view it was more important than 75, the generation change
  • Magnum
    Magnum

OnTheWayOut: Well, the day comes when we studied the magazine article in the Kingdom Hall on Sunday. The paragraphs with this huge change in doctrine were covered just like any other paragraphs. The paragraphs were read aloud, the questions at the bottom of the page were asked, and someone answered them. That was it. In less than ten minutes, we were supposed to all change our long held beliefs that we were told were coming from Jehovah through Jesus through the Bible and believe something completely different from now on.

Yep. Ten minutes or less considering a few paragraphs. I had bet everything on the end's coming no later than the mid-nineties. It's been over twenty years now since the deadline for the old generation teaching, and I'm still suffering for putting all my eggs in the JW basket and for listening to them.

I believed what JWs taught me about the pre-1995 generation teaching, and I acted on my belief, completely altering my life. And then, with a little ink and paper and few minutes at a Watchtower study, it was all over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit