Bjg Brains

by hippikon 4 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

OK The reasoning goes like this. We use les than 1% of our brains (some even less). There fore we have a huge unused capacity (our brains could be 99% smaller and we wouldn’t notice). There fore we are designed to live forever. OK got that. Wales have an even bigger brain and do less. (how big a brain do you need to dodge Norwegian fishing boats) Therefore whales were designed to live longer than forever.

If anyone has and information on the anatomy and relative size of animal brains to human brains I would be very interested

• rem
    rem

The original premise is wrong. There is no evidence that humans only use 1% of their brains. This is a myth that has been going around for a long time. Various parts of the brain are constantly used to provide us feedback from our senses, to regulate our body temperature and chemistry, to keep us breathing, to help us balance, etc. The fact is that we use pretty much all of our brain. If we didn't use much of our brain, then minor brain damage would not affect people so much.

rem

• hippikon
    hippikon

But the articles in the “Watchtower Torah” are fastidiously researched and they can’t possibly be wrong. Just look at the ct book page 62.

*** ct 62 4 How Unique You Are! ***
    Some neuroscientists estimate that during an average life span, a person uses only 1/100 of 1 percent (.0001) of his potential brain capacity. You might well ask, ‘Why do we have a brain with so much capacity that we hardly test a fraction of it in a normal lifetime?’

So there!

• rem
    rem

hehe - you got me on that one! The WT says it's true so it must be. I retract my original post. ;)

rem

• hippikon
    hippikon

It would seen the society prefers people with small brains so I’m off to get a lobotomy straight away. (They might make me an elder)

It would seem that pea brain could be quite a compliment for JW’s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit