planting seed with jw carpet salesman.

by prologos 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• prologos
    prologos

P's remark to sales man: "You must feel right at home here like the Israelites who lived on carpets and inside curtains, even the tabernacle? layers of it ---"

P: "To think that millions trekking for 40 years did not leave a trace, nothing ever turned up? ----"

Jw: "yeah, the dry climate--"

P: "Dry climate? (Trying to soften the blow) nothing was ever found, most likely because God's people are a clean people.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

"To think that millions trekking for 40 years did not leave a trace, nothing ever turned up? ----"

Giza saw decades of construction. Yet, were it not for the pyramids, temples, cities, and burial sites, permanent structures left behind, there would be no evidence that people were there. And you believe a nomadic people should have left something? Walk the sands of Arabia where for thousands of years people have traveled and think again.

• oppostate
    oppostate

To this day there are hundreds of thousands of nomadic people trekking all over the Sinai wilderness, the Sahara desert and the Arabian desert. They've been doing this for countless generations. Can you excavate some existing camel poop, or maybe a tent pin, how about rug fibers?

Like Hold Me-Thrill Me says these people didn't leave permanent structures behind in desert areas. Yet there is evidence of Semites living in plush Goshen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Chronology_(Rohl)
    The New Chronology places King Solomon at the end of the wealthy Late Bronze Age, rather than in the relatively impoverished Early Iron Age. Rohl and other New Chronology researchers contend that this fits better with the Old Testament description of Solomon's wealth.[5]
    Furthermore, Rohl shifts the Israelite Sojourn, Exodus and Conquest from the end of the Late Bronze Age to the latter part of the Middle Bronze Age (from the Egyptian 19th Dynasty to the 13th Dynasty and Hyksos period). Rohl claims that this solves many of the problems associated with the historicity issue of the biblical narratives. He makes use of the archaeological reports from Tell ed-Daba (ancient Avaris), in the Egyptian eastern delta, which show that a large Semitic-speaking population lived there during the 13th Dynasty. These people were culturally similar to the population of Middle-Bronze-Age (MB IIA) Canaan. Rohl identifies these Semites as the people upon whom the biblical tradition of the Israelite Sojourn in Egypt was subsequently based.
  • Tazemanian-devil
    Tazemanian-devil

You can't really call them nomads when it was supposedly 2 million people, continuing to have children and grow in population every year, moving around in a fixed area over 40 years.

Look at what happened at the original woodstock after just a few days.

40 years and not a single trace? How many animals did they supposedly sacrifice on a daily basis? Where are those remains? How many people died in that time frame? Where are their remains? How much trash do 2 million + people produce on a daily basis? Not a single trace? No broken pottery? Not a single speck of evidence they were ever there?

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Tazemanian-devil,

Believe what you will. Last time I walked in a forest, or drove the open plains, the place was not filled with the bones of animals over 2000 years dead. Indian pottery was not laying around or easily dug up. Indian tents, moccasins, and clothing were also not to be found.

Deserts change, the sands do not remain stagnant. At one time the Sphinx was covered in sand up to its neck. Just because evidence is not found of a people spending 40 years, a miniscule amount of time, in the Sinai does not mean they were not there.

But as I said, believe what you will.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Walking through the ruins of Native American villages in New Mexico and Arizona, there was evidence of population. Broken pottery and arrow heads littering the ground. Pictographs on the walls. Weirs to catch water. In the ruin of a house, when I sunk my hand into the ground, there were dried out beans. There were only a few dozen people to maybe 300 living in these areas at that time, but those few people left their mark on the desert. It seems over 2 million over a 40 year periods would leave something. Prologos, your argument was a reasonable one.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

I've been to New Mexico. You're referring to settlements, villages. The Jews did not build settlements or villages in the Sinai. They moved, stopped for a time, and moved again. No permanent structures were built. Along the New Mexico roads far from the old Indian settlements we did not find evidence of Indian habitation. Should we have concluded then that no Indians ever lived there? Hardly.

New Mexico is a beautiful state, btw.

• prologos
    prologos

If you can believe the story, there was a small production going on with gold, copper and silver smith/foundries, weaving, jewellery making, woodworking. fabric dying, tanneris

I wanted that man to stare at his piles of carpets and contemplate 2 million peoples daily using their pegs to bury the detritus of their low fibre manna diet.

Of course, whole families were swallowed up, buried alive, surely something has to be detectable with any anomaly scrutinized for the black gold in that region.The wandering dunes would surely first preserve and then reveal the artifacts,

Consider too, that this was a squeaky clean region, only ~1000 years prior to the exodus, it was covered by several kilometers of flood waters, pressure cleaned.

• oppostate
    oppostate

I too have been to New Mexico and through out all the South West, as a matter of fact. I've hiked in the desert. Not once did I see remains of dead indians, buckaroos, cows. Where's all the Southwest cattle drive evidence?

I saw petrified wood. But no bones or remains of any kind. I'm sure things die in the desert, I just didn't see any of that. It's a big ol' desert, the Southwest.

But like I said, there are remains of Semitic people living in Goshen for over a couple hundred years at least. The evidence is there, in the dirt.

• prologos
    prologos
    • New Mexico is a beautiful state, btw. particularly during the hot air balloon festival

If there were 2 millions of Indians living concentrated in a small area there and camping around a hot air column sight ( The light and the cloud over the tent) you should find some trace, as you should in Sinai. IMHO.

P could not be an apostate for pointing out that Israelites, ancient or spiritual, clean up after themselves, pegs and all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit