Local Elders whip the Congregation into a frenzy about donating to the Organization

by James Jack 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Jack
    James Jack

In 3 years of doing the Accounts, no one has asked for a receipt, although they could have.

Being the Account servant, I was told any of the Brothers on the Microphone and Stage list are the only "Qualified" ones to assist me in counting the Contributions. I never ask an Elder, they have more important things to do!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Well if you are account servant it is better that some of that money be diverted to a more worthy cause than the WT corporation just sayin(no receipt).
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Hoser, We had a letter last night about not ordering annual items because the cost is too high to print them. Just to sit on people's shelves. They encouraged downloading instead.

As soon as I saw the publications were available online I predicted this was the direction it was going. Does that make me a prophet?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Does that make me a prophet?

Perhaps, a non prophet . . .

CC

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tech49 - "Our contribution amount that was used to set the monthly amount last year... has slowly been draining the congregation funds down to almost nothing."

Specifically due to conscious-classers no longer donating, I'm quite sure.

Never underestimate the effectiveness of passive rebellion.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    You all are too critical of the GB and the brotherhoodedness! They are just following the example of Jesus Christ who must have said somewhere, "The expenses of the organization are projected to exceed the current income, so I need you all to dig deeper and give me more money to help spread the Good News of the Kingdom (and buy pinky rings, new suits, and fancy watches for me)."
  • coalize
    coalize

time to give that book at the GB :

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    It looks like the cover of that Awake! is a picture of all the JWs rushing to donate their window-washing money at a Watchtower Bank.
  • The1975Blues
    The1975Blues

If you worked on the accounts or were the Account Servant how often did you get the receipts for donations of $250 and above? How often did you and a witness have to write a letter acknowledging a donation of this amount? Over five years of handling the accounts it was rare to see people give above $50, most put a few $1 bills or a $10, some $20s but it was rare to see $50s or $100s, almost never did we come across large bills.

JWs spend more money at Coffee, Donuts and Lunches than providing donations to the World Wide Work or basic Kingdom Hall expenditures. If anyone did accounts like me, how often were receipts written to acknowledge donations above $250. Elders and Publishers taking $20,000 Vacations blasting the Kingdom Hall's members with limited to "give till we can pay for the utilities and monthly payment of $1300 a month. The loan on our Kingdom Hall went from being paid off to $430,000 to build several houses for the CO and do a Remodel. The brainchild of our Chief JW, he is very good making people feel guiltily. Guilt the publishers to give more money while the idiots who got us in financial problems take big vacations and several mini-vacations every year! Those who got the Hall in debt, it's their responsibility to pay if half the Kingdom Hall said "No!" twice to "each family paying $50 per month for the COs houses!" Again, if the Elders are backing these grand ideas to get the congregations in deep debt, they should be responsible for making sure that $1400, 5% loan is paid off! The entire loan is around $2500 a month, this will be to "Infinity and Beyond" since the Watchtower put them in perpetual debt!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I did a few donation acknowledgement letters. But it was very few. And I've seen the acknowledgement letters my parents received from the Corp for their generous donations to the mother cult *sigh*.

While WT is able to cash in on the JWs, I think it is actually a rather small amount in comparison with what other churches and charities are able to raise. Even a rather small Jewish group around where I live (sorry if this sounds stereotypical) is able to raise massive amounts of money that would make the GB faint out of sensual desire.

As far as JWs go, either they don't have money, or if they have money they realize that they'll get more fun out of spending the money on themselves before this wicked system ends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit