Local Elders whip the Congregation into a frenzy about donating to the Organization

by James Jack 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Two things the WTS is proficiently good at, one is imposing guilt onto its adherents in an effort to stimulate furthering the proliferation of their printed publications and guilt to give more money toward the organization that is said to be always poor and financially burdened.

Brother and sisters we need more money so you can build or renovate more buildings and properties so we can eventually sell them for a profit mark up.

With your hand and labour in updating or building of these properties , be aware that Jehovah will be gratefully appeased in your faithful efforts and donations.

We should always be cognitively aware that judgment day is coming soon and that we want to place are selves on the approved path toward are own salvation into the new order that will be graciously provided.

• St George of England
    St George of England

It's not just the monthly donation.

The congregation has to donate ALL funds to the society in excess of three month's operating expenses. The CO will check this on his visit when looking at the accounts. I know of several congregations here in the UK that have just emptied their bank accounts except for the 3 months expenses.

George

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    The really sad thing about this all is how those who are still in but mentally out have to tolerate this. I would leave the JW's quickly if I had to witness this.
  • James Jack
    James Jack

Incognito

go back to May of 2014 and read this forum about the changes the ORG did with donations

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I don't think anybody has mentioned it but I'm sure in many places certain individuals in congregations are privately approached to contribute money to this one and that one "who can't pay their bills".

The people being approached would be the few responsible people there. Maybe even some who are barely hanging onto their jobs! Maybe even some who were criticized for working full-time or having a career.

This private targeting of individuals happened years ago but it was very subtle. Now, I can imagine it is becoming less subtle.

So...people in the religion are probably being hit up from every which way to give money. The hard-luck stories must be endless.

If anybody has the nerve to contact me (a "fader") they are going to get told off but good!! They might even consider me disassociated which is fine with me!!!

• Incognito
    Incognito

Incognito

go back to May of 2014 and read this forum about the changes the ORG did with donations

While I'm well aware of the earlier donation changes, I had understood that the congregations were to immediately 'hand-over' all savings in excess of 3 months of congregation expenses plus make monthly payments of pledged funds or 'at least' the equal value of any 'forgiven' monthly mortgage payment.

Are you saying that your congregation pays a set 'pledge' of $600 plus, continue to raise additional funds of $400 - $500 +++ each month in excess of monthly expenses?

Congregations I had been previously associated, although having some 'well off' members, were often barley able to pay the mortgage and utilities.

While you maybe amazed of the disproportionate share of contributions provided, I had been aware of that being common in many congregations while I was still attending.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Congregations I attended barely made their bills and never contributed enough to the WTS to cover the literature they requested. Every visit the COs would make sure we knew we weren't pulling out weight.
  • shadow
    shadow
    how much is to be kept locally for the poor and the sick? any current servants ever ask about that?
  • skepticSam
    skepticSam

Jehovah's Witnesses have got to be the worse people when it comes to donations to the Kingdom Halls. I've been working on a paper to submit here to prove how the Governing Body knows it can't rely on Witnesses to be generous towards the World Wide Work. We have many examples how the Organization has changed it's entire structure not for normal cost-savings but due to the fact many Jehovah's Witnesses do not demonstrate their appreciation for all this "fine spiritual food" but are cheapskates!

Allow me to share a story about two sisters, one made $25,000 a year and another was married to the greatest Disability Scam artist ever. Sister $25k gave $50 to $75 a month consistently, sister $150k often forgot to give and when she did only gave $10 to $20 once every two months. Doing the books made me see how cheap most JWs are, a few Elders usually had to pull the weight of the entire Congregation along with some older impoverished sisters!

• skepticSam
    skepticSam

When you really think about this issue whose fault is it they told all the Witnesses to work at jobs that only make Minimum Wage?

Look at Joel Olstein's Church and see how his flock that make money share that money with him by buying all his paraphernalia and books, they donate cash too! The Watchtower is "Reaping what they sown" because their members are the "Working Poor", many have blown up financially from scams their brothers introduced them to Wicked Witnesses running Ponzi Schemes and Pay-Day Loan Scams! Many JWs are not evil, they are just screwed because they feel this is the only religion that make's sense and as each year goes by, it's not making much sense! We had a brother get them involved in Real Estate, Real Estate where a prison was suppose to be built(note suppose, it did not get built there and their investment cratered to a 1/3 of what they bought it at!) they got in on the ground-floor! The groups involved blew up after missing their payments, the brother who was behind this is still very rich, he did not use his entire 401k or IRA to get involved in "fast money" ideas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit